The NO-MASK thing was fun...while it lasted

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Ann Vinci Igoe View Post
Pointing fingers doesn't resolve... we need less attention going that way. Nothing was done on purpose. If we dig deep enough we have plenty going on in this country that is similar. ie. Food contamination, soil , water contamination from Power Plants... chemicals in our food that are toxic, meds that are recalled. So Lets concentrate on Resolve and Solve with what WE can control. We can control if we ALL got vaccinated ... that is how Polio got irradiated. It was also monitory. So this is not new to us. As you, vaccinated and booster welcomed. For the people who don't want to be vaccinated, that is what needs to be Resolved so it will Solve this on going problem. I do respect there choice, but this is for the good of ALL not the One. That is the only way to correct this issue. Masks... Yes and proud to wear it... it will be on going for a long long time.
And just how are we going to get "all" vaccinated. Mandatory vaccines? Quarantine the unvaccinated on Devil's Island? Even then you can't get them all.

And just when did polio get "irradiated"? Was it at the Trinity test site, after Hiroshima, or at Bikini Atoll???? Polio is still alive and well and among us, and the numbers are climbing since some children are not getting vaccinated. So, no, polio has not been ERADICATED.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

I am thinking of wearing a mask around my a**e to protect others!
Old 07-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I fully expect us, here in The Villages and much of the U.S. to go back to "masking up" indoors yet again. The new variant is surging rapidly according to the data, esp here in Florida. Here we go again.

1. We are fully Moderna vaccinated and would absolutely get a booster when available.
2. The only times we HAD to 'mask up' indoors in the last few months was a) in the doctor's office b) on the airplanes.
3. I am still furious that China got away with starting this whole matter. I'll leave it as that.

Are YOU ready to go back to the future with Covid??? grrrr.
We need to deal with what is not what should be. Re: vaccinated. Are we prepared for random police stops demanding your paperwork that you have been vaccinated? Are we prepared for forced vaccinations? Are we prepared to, has been done in the past, no shot, no insurance ship them to isolated island to die?
Re: China
What is not what should be. War? Are you prepared to send your son, your daughter, your grand kids? Do you think China will be sending the world money to cover damages? Does sound a bit nuts. Assuming China accepted blame would we, could we agree to an amount?
We our nation and the world.
We have been dealing with this for almost two years. People, all people are tired of it.
Masks? Imagine people on a diet. They all work. Reason they fail is people start full of enthusiasm, that fades and most fail.
Sadly typical
Like rats on a sinking ship, we are not working together, we are attacking each other.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:07 AM
Default Let Them Get Sick!

The ONLY way we’re going to reach herd immunity is by just letting the unvaccinated take their chances and get sick. Let nature take it’s course and let it spread through the unvaccinated. It’s their choice.
Darwin’s Theory at it’s best.
We chose vaccination with Moderna and do not need to wear a mask nor is it logical to wear a mask. It just propagates the myth that vaccination doesn’t work.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I'm not sure that is going to happen.

This is far from a tempest in a teapot. It is a worldwide movement: Italy, France, Australia, the UK, and other countries have all seen huge rallies against mandatory vaccines and mandatory mask-wearing. We don't hear or read about those much in this country, but foreign sources cover them pretty well.

Is destroying businesses and economies a fair price to pay for further control of a disease that is overall something like 99% survivable? I think that is the question that people are asking themselves right now.
your post points out the question that doesn't seem to get much attention, weighing the risk benefits of what should be done, lots of arguments from very different perspectives, risk benefits of vaccination, government control VS individual freedom, and of course statistics and "studies" can point in different directions. the possibility that the reaction to the virus could do as much or more damage due to the economic fallout, by the time we have a better perspective it will be all over
Old 07-28-2021, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
your post points out the question that doesn't seem to get much attention, weighing the risk benefits of what should be done, lots of arguments from very different perspectives, risk benefits of vaccination, government control VS individual freedom, and of course statistics and "studies" can point in different directions. the possibility that the reaction to the virus could do as much or more damage due to the economic fallout, by the time we have a better perspective it will be all over
Agree, that is the elephant in the corner of the room that nobody is talking about-----Have we made the cure worse than the disease?????
Old 07-28-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Control. The govern loves control. They also like a distraction. But they could care less about Americans,
This whole thing is a giant psychological manipulation of the masses. Its been done to others throughout history, this is simply a modern example and done on a scale never seen before thanks to social media and the evening news.
Turning neighbor against neighbor, family against family, tell me you don't recognize it. Animal Farm and 1984 are here.

You only need to decide if you're going to get on the train or not because its going to get much worse before it gets better
Old 07-28-2021, 08:13 AM
Default How They’re Gonna Feel??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I wonder how many of the 39,000 currently hospitalized today and the 300 who will transfer today from the hospital to the mortuary felt exactly the same way.
Should have got the vaccination! This is America! You have the right to choose!
Regret your choice? Too bad & too late.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
al-Jazeera????? Don't even mention that name in my presence. I lost 2 high school classmates on 9/11/01, my brother and nephew were nearby, another friend was almost hit by a jumper. WE MUST NEVER FORGET!!!

And al-Jazeera can go F*** itself
Thank You. How soon people forget.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDave View Post
The ONLY way we’re going to reach herd immunity is by just letting the unvaccinated take their chances and get sick. Let nature take it’s course and let it spread through the unvaccinated. It’s their choice.
Darwin’s Theory at it’s best.
We chose vaccination with Moderna and do not need to wear a mask nor is it logical to wear a mask. It just propagates the myth that vaccination doesn’t work.
This.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
This, according to CDC and other "knowledgeable" scientists would not even be happening if it weren't for the multitudes of people who don't intend to or haven't been vaccinated. I have yet to hear a good reason for this.
And the CDC also said that the vaccinated carry just as much spreadable viral load as the unvaccinated. No need to point the blame here. In fact, perhaps the vaccinated have been doing much of the spreading. They were the ones told it was ok to take off their masks.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
This.
I also agree, but for maybe a little different reason.

Most viruses mutate to become more contagious and less deadly.

The recent outbreaks in Israel, where they are keeping great data, is that the case fatality rate is way down on the delta variant as compared to original flavor alpha. It now has a IFR about equal to seasonal flu.

Let it burn, the faster the better. Get it all wrapped up. That said, maybe it will mutate further to become even more contagious, with an R0 of something like the Measles(R12+) but become even more just a case of the sniffles.

We need to do loss of function research. This is where instead of making viruses more deadly, we make them less deadly and more contagious. The reason the Delta variant is so much more contagious is that the original proline sitting at the polybasic furin cleavage site PRRA is now another arginine. I.E. RRRA. Having two Arginines at that spot on the spike protein made it super easy for the protease to come along and snip so that the payload could enter the cell. Having 3 Arginines is probably an order of magnitude or better easier.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

The recent outbreaks in Israel, where they are keeping great data, is that the case fatality rate is way down on the delta variant as compared to original flavor alpha. It now has a IFR about equal to seasonal flu.

Let it burn, the faster the better. Get it all wrapped up. That said, maybe it will mutate further to become even more contagious, with an R0 of something like the Measles(R12+) but become even more just a case of the sniffles.

We need to do loss of function research. This is where instead of making viruses more deadly, we make them less deadly and more contagious. The reason the Delta variant is so much more contagious is that the original proline sitting at the polybasic furin cleavage site PRRA is now another arginine. I.E. RRRA. Having two Arginines at that spot on the spike protein made it super easy for the protease to come along and snip so that the payload could enter the cell. Having 3 Arginines is probably an order of magnitude or better easier.
Excellent post!
Old 07-28-2021, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
This, according to CDC and other "knowledgeable" scientists would not even be happening if it weren't for the multitudes of people who don't intend to or haven't been vaccinated. I have yet to hear a good reason for this.
The only two "good" reasons for not vaccinating is
1. You're under the recommended age and
2. You have an underlying medical condition that would make it too risky. Allergies to the ingredients of the carrier liquid of the vaccine, allergy to the metal of the needle, significant immune system problem that increases the risks of the "bad" side effects AND increases the risks of complications of the immune system problem...etc.

My sister would get vaccinated but she has way too many medical issues right now, and the risk of adding even one more could put her over the top and into a hospital. She's already had COVID-19 and recovered with some permanent increase in her asthma, she has tons of antibodies, and gets tested regularly. When she got sick with COVID last year she was sick, with symptoms, for a couple of months.

Anyone who is NOT at risk according to a valid actual real-live diagnosis/prognosis from their licensed medical practitioner - should get vaccinated. They should already have been vaccinated. If they were, we probably wouldn't have needed to go back to masks again. Virus mutations occur only when they have enough hosts to pick. The more people who can fight off the virus, the harder it is for the virus to mutate.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

How about translating that into "mundane non-scientist English" for all the normal people here?
Closed Thread

Tags
back, indoors, fully, office, future

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.