No more gates for unmanned gate houses.

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Default No more gates for unmanned gate houses.

Read in Daily Sun yesterday, that The Villages will not be placing the gates back up on the unmanned gates. I hope this is not so because I rely on the gates to slow the traffic down when crossing With the golf cart. Please advise if this is true....I find this disturbing.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonavy View Post
Read in Daily Sun yesterday, that The Villages will not be placing the gates back up on the unmanned gates. I hope this is not so because I rely on the gates to slow the traffic down when crossing With the golf cart. Please advise if this is true....I find this disturbing.
I think maybe you read half the story. They will be replaced when all the debris is picked up.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:26 AM

It was a small article with little detail
Old 09-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
It was a small article with little detail
District web site has great info.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Even district website stated they will not be added back.
Community Watch & Gate Information
• Community Watch placed the gate arms back on the staffed gates on Wednesday, September 13th. Due to the amount of large trucks and equipment traveling the community to remove debris, gate arms will NOT be added back to un-staffed gates. If you approach a gate where the gate arm has been removed, please use extreme caution and make sure to stop before proceeding.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
• Community Watch placed the gate arms back on the staffed gates on Wednesday, September 13th. Due to the amount of large trucks and equipment traveling the community to remove debris, gate arms will NOT be added back to un-staffed gates. If you approach a gate where the gate arm has been removed, please use extreme caution and make sure to stop before proceeding.
I would assume from reading this that the gates being down was limited to the time that debris from the hurricane was being removed.

I haven't seen any indication that the District is not making well thought out decisions.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would assume from reading this that the gates being down was limited to the time that debris from the hurricane was being removed.

I haven't seen any indication that the District is not making well thought out decisions.
Some of the maned gates have the bars down also. I also think it is temporary.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Platinum member

My hometown's streets have never recovered from the damage caused by the heavy vehicles removing debris from Katrina. Hope we don't get the same result here.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Well thought out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

COMMENT
Hi, a friend came to look here and found a real surprise. We all think and we are told by Realtors in the Villages, no permanent street parking. Well folks, take this, it will not be enforced in front of homes. Our friend decided to go elsewhere, that can really get out of hand folks. Cars, then trailers, then boats in some states, all the above by the front door. And yes, we checked, too bad because this really degrades the neighborhood.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,583 Times in 5,183 Posts

Quote:
Did you mean "unpersoned" gates?
Old 09-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Did you mean "unpersoned" gates?
Unmanned is still okay:
adjective
1. without the physical presence of people in control:
Old 09-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

I think the title of this thread is misleading.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Gold member
Default Errr.....wrong...

Quote:
"Due to the amount of large trucks and equipment traveling the community to remove debris, gate arms will NOT be added back to un-staffed gates. If you approach a gate where the gate arm has been removed, use extreme caution and make sure to stop before proceeding."

This does not state that they will NOT be going back up after clean up is completed. Assuming they will not is an incorrect conclusion predicated on the "glass being half full" attitude. The "due to" should be a clue....
Closed Thread

Tags
gates, unmanned, traffic, slow, crossing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.