no pickleball ... but

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2020, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,920 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It Is not the old children.....it is the entitled class.
you're talking about golfer's right!
Old 05-12-2020, 07:13 PM

Ridiculous, there playing everywhere but the villages, Delweb spruce creek has been playing with no restrictions for a week, spruce creek for several weeks, ladylake same, pare park for over a month,, I have a medical degree and understand cellular and viral interstitial processes and the news and politics has swayed the facts in such a non factual arena its sad.. the numbers are a fallicacy, we have the least cases in villages, ladylake, summerfield etc than anywhere in the world.. several of us, same people have been playing for over a month and we are all doing well. Your going in stores touching everything, do you not realize if you have it your applying virus on everything you touch, and how many people know how to remove a glove properly. I’m done, common sense and logic does not apply when people think in panic or scare mode.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,920 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganKid View Post
Ridiculous, there playing everywhere but the villages, Delweb spruce creek has been playing with no restrictions for a week, spruce creek for several weeks, ladylake same, pare park for over a month,, I have a medical degree and understand cellular and viral interstitial processes and the news and politics has swayed the facts in such a non factual arena its sad.. the numbers are a fallicacy, we have the least cases in villages, ladylake, summerfield etc than anywhere in the world.. several of us, same people have been playing for over a month and we are all doing well. Your going in stores touching everything, do you not realize if you have it your applying virus on everything you touch, and how many people know how to remove a glove properly. I’m done, common sense and logic does not apply when people think in panic or scare mode.
I guess the think the virus sticks like super glue to stick to ball spinning 2000 plus MPH and going 60 to 90 plus MPH (tennis) but pickleball even slicker even though it’s half the speed and spin. And of course it survive’s being hit by paddle or racket after sprayed with alcohol.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
.. the numbers are a fallicacy, we have the least cases in villages, ladylake, summerfield etc than anywhere in the world..
You seem to be selective about which numbers are a fallacy and which aren't. "Anywhere in the world" is absolutely the former.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
You seem to be selective about which numbers are a fallacy and which aren't. "Anywhere in the world" is absolutely the former.
There is a lot wrong/incorrect in the post you reference but that fits today's narrative. Aver something you heard or you want to be true and then it becomes fact!!!
Old 05-13-2020, 11:24 AM
Thumbs down Least cases

Quote:
You lost all credibility when you saId we have the least cases anywhere in the world. That is so obviously wrong.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by argos5usa View Post
There are no legitimate "health and safety" reasons to keep pickleball courts closed at this point.... In fact, the Rec Department's current decision to keep them closed is now adversely impacting the physical health of those who rely on such exercise for conditions like high blood pressure.

It is much healthier for people to be outside doing exercise than sitting at home and being afraid to touch anything.
Touch anything you like (he he he). Just don't touch your face!
Old 05-14-2020, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
... I have a medical degree and understand cellular and viral interstitial processes and the news and politics has swayed the facts in such a non factual arena its sad.. the numbers are a fallicacy, we have the least cases in villages, ladylake, summerfield etc than anywhere in the world...
Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
You lost all credibility when you saId we have the least cases anywhere in the world. That is so obviously wrong.
I'd be interested in knowing what kind of "medical degree" you hold and where you got it. If you are a M.D., you would know that "cellular and interstitial viral processes" have nothing to do with contagion, spread, or epidemiology of a pandemic. You would know that once those processes are at work, the virus is replicating and you ARE infected. You would know that at that point, you are either an asymptomatic carrier, mildly sick, very sick or even dying. That coupled with the erroneous statistics posted makes me question your "degree". If you are a physician and having a (very) off day, I apologize. But even in that case you shouldn't be spreading misinformation on social media.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Touch anything you like (he he he). Just don't touch your face!
double entendre???
Old 05-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

PB returns Monday......so they can close this one......what's the next target

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-15-2020, 03:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
PB returns Monday......so they can close this one......what's the next target
Mahjong???
Old 05-15-2020, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Mahjong???
No! No!

Roundabouts or Stickers!!
Old 05-15-2020, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
double entendre???
You get it!
Old 05-15-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You get it!
Actually, my 9 year old granddaughter had to explain it to me
Closed Thread

Tags
pickleball, play, corn, toss, horseshoes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.