No plans to buy, but...

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Default No plans to buy, but...

When we scheduled our Lifestyle Preview for last weekend, we had no plans to purchase. I recall reading several posts on this website saying we should bring our checkbook just in case we saw something we liked -- I laughed at those posts thinking no way we'd jump that quick...

Oh well, I guess we just became another first timer statistic, we bought a lot in Fernandina. We're really looking forward to beginning this journey. I've been reading this forum for several months and appreciate the insights and helpfulness from all the members.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions In the next few months.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Gold member
Default Statistic

LOL, yup, you drank the Koolaide! We too came on the Lifestyle visit, and while I had visited TV, hubby had not. He reluctantly (hates to move) came on the Lifestyle, and within 48 hours we were looking at lots/houses... We've enjoyed every minute of the 19 months we have lived in this fabulous place. Welcome....
Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Gold member
Default Yea!

Good Christmas Present to yourself's

May the fun begin

HErv
Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
When we scheduled our Lifestyle Preview for last weekend, we had no plans to purchase. I recall reading several posts on this website saying we should bring our checkbook just in case we saw something we liked -- I laughed at those posts thinking no way we'd jump that quick...

Oh well, I guess we just became another first timer statistic, we bought a lot in Fernandina. We're really looking forward to beginning this journey. I've been reading this forum for several months and appreciate the insights and helpfulness from all the members.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions In the next few months.
Congrats to you both and on your decision. TOTV is a great resource as you begin the process of transitioning to TV. Good luck and please share your experiences during the process in TOTV.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you both. We did the same thing and we are not at ALL impulsive, especially with big purchases. I really NEVER wanted to leave Ohio. This place is Paradise.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Platinum member

Welcome to you! You're truly gonna love it here!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Where are you located in Fernandina? We are on the first cul de sac on Killington Loop.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:

"Oh ye of little faith....." See? Good thing you brought your checkbook along, right?

Congrats! Glad you're happy with your decision!!

Bill
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Good Christmas Present to yourself's

May the fun begin

HErv
I'll second that! Congratulations!!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Platinum member

Atta Boy!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage

.............and make sure to carry an additional ink pen, just in case the first one goes dry!

Bill
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

We didn't even have our checkbook with us, when we found our house we had to borrow the earnest money from our friends - and aside from marrying each other, it was the best decision we ever made!
Welcome, you're gonna love it here.
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Old 12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
.............and make sure to carry an additional ink pen, just in case the first one goes dry!

Bill
Oh....your sales rep always has an extra pen for your John Hancock....right Crystal?

I hadn't intended to buy.....just came to check the place out.......then Crystal showed me some properties. How could I resist when I saw that beautiful property on a RENTENTION POND (attention Bill!)! Within 24 hours of arriving, I had that lot reserved. Now a beautiful Iris stands on that land......with a lovely view of a lake.....I don't care whatcha say, "Billo"....it's a LAKE!

It's a good thing.

Congrats!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Location: Currently in New Freedom PA. 2012, A Village of Sanibel resident

Congrats on buying your new property. What a Christmas gift.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.