No Shows

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 08:18 AM

I recently found what I was looking for on the Mercari app. Quick. easy. Painless.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,060 Times in 529 Posts

On the other side of the coin. I answered a Classified on Next Door, we agreed to terms and a time and address for me to come get the item. I was driving to her house, and gave her a courtesy call to say I was almost there and she said. "Oh, it's gone."
Old 07-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

I've had 50/50 experience with people showing up with cash and others talking out of their a..
Old 07-01-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshackovillages View Post
Posted a set of golf clubs on here, a pretty good price. I had 4 different people say they were interested. Even though I posted pictures, price and a good description of their condition, I still was asked endless questions about the item, all of which were answered in the description. To make matters worse, all 4 said they were coming to see them and buy them, and, all 4 never showed.
How bad are the people who answer classifieds on this site, especially people living here in The Villages?
Post everything you want to sell on every site possible, Craig's List Ocala (totally free) Facebook Marketplace, and talk of the villages. When you are asked a question that is answered in the posting, just quickly refer them back to the posting. Do not accept a vague "I'll be by to look at them". Post a LOT of pictures, and say exactly what time you will be available and stick to it. This behavior is absolutely nothing to do with The Villages. I have successfully sold dozens of items on Craigs List, including a CAR and 3 old toilets from my bathrooms, when I replaced them with newer higher ones. (We are all still laughing about them.) The behavior you are talking about is very common. And usually people completely overvalue used golf clubs--lower prices sell.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:27 PM

On the other side of the coin, please delete your ad after an item is sold. I called on an item and was rudely told by the seller “that sold last week, why are you calling?”
Old 07-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Veteran member

Sold two bikes with no problem.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

I've both bought and sold on TOTV with no problem but I always tell potential buyers that I will not hold the item (unless they confirm they are on the way). First offer buys it. I do the same on Craigs list BTW.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-01-2020, 04:11 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default First come...

Quote:
Posted a set of golf clubs on here, a pretty good price. I had 4 different people say they were interested. Even though I posted pictures, price and a good description of their condition, I still was asked endless questions about the item, all of which were answered in the description. To make matters worse, all 4 said they were coming to see them and buy them, and, all 4 never showed.
How bad are the people who answer classifieds on this site, especially people living here in The Villages?
That's why I always post "first come, first served." Cash is king.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Ethics are in short supply everywhere these days.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:09 AM

When someone calls to purchase an item, we always agree on a time for pick up & that I'll meet them in my driveway with a mask on. Even before covid-19, I'd meet them in the driveway.

If they can't agree to a time, they can still drive here but I might not be here.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:44 AM

well based on your experience not real good huh?
Old 07-26-2020, 06:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterriess View Post
On the other side of the coin, please delete your ad after an item is sold. I called on an item and was rudely told by the seller “that sold last week, why are you calling?”
Yep this ****es me off to no end. I inquired about three items this week, two with no answer, obviously sold, and one stated it was sold and he didn't know how to delete the posting. There is a "sticky" with a video that shows how to do this. I personally think it's just lazy.

Steve
Old 07-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

That is why I find it easier to put it out a day before garbage pickup and say please take it no charge.

Who wants strangers coming into our house these days anyway given the virus.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, description, good, price, classifieds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.