No Time For Anger. Read This Beautiful Story

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Veteran member
Default No Time For Anger. Read This Beautiful Story

Whats going on? So much anger over cookie thieves, bad drivers, morons who save 20 seats (maybe they need 20 seats for their fat oh never mind).

It is time to calm down and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us the friends we love and the future well enjoy in this fantasy we call The Villages. No time for anger!

In the spirit of caring (for which Im known) Im going to share a story from my past. Ive never told this before, but I think its time. It is a story we can all learn from.

I was out feeding the chickens on my farm a few years back when I saw a horse walking up the path toward the house. He was certainly the worse for wear... scrawny, limping and had what looked like bite marks all over him.
I got him some water and fed him a few carrots I got from the house. He'd apparently been attacked by a pack of wolves so after washing him off with the garden hose I sprayed him with Bactine and applied some Band-Aids. I managed to stop him from limping when I removed a thorn from his hoof.

As he recovered in the days that followed I could see he was a highly intelligent horse.
So, one day as we were playing chess I got to thinking; Is it possible to teach Fred (I named him after my grandfather) to speak English? I know that Mr. Ed and Francis the Talking Mule were not real... but Fred was really smart.

I started with naming the chess pieces and over the next few months he developed a vocabulary that many illegal immigrants could only dream of.
Then one day as Fred and I were walking through the field in back of the barn I fell down an old abandoned well. It was pretty deep and I'd injured my leg and shoulder. No way to climb out.
I yelled for Fred to go for help. He hollered down for me not to worry and he was on his way! I could feel the karma kicking in big-time!
Well... Fred ran the 3 miles to our neighbors house and told them what happened. Unfortunately my neighbors Mr. and Mrs. Alvarenga are Portuguese and didn't understand a word he said. Instead of going to the next farm Fred just ate some grass. What a dope!

Two days later when I missed a dental appointment and a meeting of the Town Council they sent out a search party. The next day they heard my screams and I was saved.
Except for the chess games I don't miss Fred much anymore.
Last I heard he was tending bar in Key West and living with a tap dancer.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.