Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Well drinks are still available.
Oh yes! And it's a very deep well....
Old 05-25-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Just when you think you've seen every imaginable complaint about The Villages, someone comes along and proves you wrong..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-25-2020, 10:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
LSL and the regional rec centers near it are most attractively designed in my opinion. Especially the tour boat and the lake board walk. Citizens bank in LSL is also the classiest. Everglades rec center looks like a big barn with some pictures on the wall, very cheap looking. Brown wood, the name says it all. So dull. This is just my opinion and I respect other points of view.
We are from MI. Brownwood, it’s road names, and everything about the town is special.
Since it’s family history, you have missed the point of passing on the background.
When I go to Brownwood, I can tell you where each of the named roads are in MI and where they go.

For me it’s a memory from my younger life.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Brownwood was designed to represent the history of the Morse family's resort in Michigan, kind of a tribute to Gary and Sharon. It has meaning to the family and since they paid for it they can design as they desire. All three squares are for the enjoyment of all and since two have water features go there and enjoy them.....since not everyone here has the same tastes and needs. Won't be long you will even be able to golf cart there.
thanks for the info
Old 05-25-2020, 10:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
If the lack of a water feature keeps people away, what's the downside?
When the Brownwood lofts are rented the place will be overwhelmed.
good point
Old 05-25-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just when you think you've seen every imaginable complaint about The Villages, someone comes along and proves you wrong..
So true
Old 05-25-2020, 11:00 AM

The OP is mistaken, Brownwood does have water features!!! The public restrooms near the Barnstorm Theater have water features!!! Hot and Cold!!!
Old 05-25-2020, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeferinspace View Post
So very disappointed Brownwood has no water feature of any kind. Not even a watering trough for horses?! Recently purchased in Marsh Bend but will never take visitors there to site see. Spanish springs designed by Universal Studios. Lake Sumpter by Disney. Brownwood by Wally World? It’s as if Brownwood didn’t try harder because it didn’t have to. Are there plans in the works? Of course, no one working for the Villages ever knows ANYTHING. I just hope enough people mention it and that word somehow gets to the decision makers. Can’t we get a water feature in Brownwood Paddock square on par with Spanish Springs for example? Love the Villages but feeling a little cheated in this regard.
well it's been raining pretty heavy this afternoon in TV....so if you hurry and go down there right now I'm sure that you'll find some puddles to stomp around in

(if that's all you have to complain about, you've got a pretty darn good life)
Old 05-25-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Literally laughed out loud. Thanks!!
Old 05-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
So very disappointed Brownwood has no water feature of any kind. Not even a watering trough for horses?! Recently purchased in Marsh Bend but will never take visitors there to site see. Spanish springs designed by Universal Studios. Lake Sumpter by Disney. Brownwood by Wally World? It’s as if Brownwood didn’t try harder because it didn’t have to. Are there plans in the works? Of course, no one working for the Villages ever knows ANYTHING. I just hope enough people mention it and that word somehow gets to the decision makers. Can’t we get a water feature in Brownwood Paddock square on par with Spanish Springs for example? Love the Villages but feeling a little cheated in this regard.
You WIN !!!!

There are a lot of experts who think they know how the developers should spend their money, but not many have all the answers after being here for just a couple of months and single-digit posts.

Remarkable.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 05-25-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

I always thought all that water at SS took up the room that could have been used better as seating area.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:08 PM

Gee, I feel bad now. I just always went there for the food, music, and shopping. Now that you mention the ARID conditions there I feel....nothing!
Old 05-25-2020, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You WIN !!!!

There are a lot of experts who think they now how the developers should spend their money, but not many have all the answers after being here for just a couple of months and single-digit posts.

Remarkable.
A book is in the offing
Old 05-25-2020, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,454 Times in 3,085 Posts

Maybe after they've finished replacing the rotting wood at the entry, that's only around 8 years old and should've been built to last at least 20 years - they'll give some thought into putting in a water feature. Not sure what kind of water feature you'd want to see on a ranch-themed town square though, other than maybe a pig sty with a grizzled old woman endlessly pouring slop into a corner of the sty and the ceramic piglets gathering around for their lunch.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Oh my! It sounds like you were remiss in checking out the neighborhood before your bought your new home. How awful! I can certainly understand why you would never take your visitors sight seeing there! I only wish that more people felt like you - it would help to keep the crowds away from Brownwood.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, water, feature, villages, springs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.