No wonder Comcast has such a crappy reputation

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbarnard View Post
How do you actually reach a supervisor at Comcast? I've been charged for boxes I don't have for months. I've called for months. I'm told that research needs to be done and it will take weeks. Then nothing. I call back and am told no research request has been submitted.
Oh, and forget asking for a supervisor. They are never "available" Help!
Do you have the receipt from when you returned the boxes? Why do you not just go to the Comcast store on Hwy 441. There you can talk to a live person and a supervisor if needed.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by water boy View Post
We are very happy with or comcast had it in mi. And now here price might not be the best but like the old saying goes you get what you pay for. Been here for six years they sent us a letter a few months ago saying our equipment was out of date and we were not getting the best hd quality or fastest internet, called them they came out for free and updated all my tv boxes and my computer modem. Now i have the remote that you talk into and lights up and faster internet, even my small standard tv boxes are hd where before only my two ddr boxes were.

Comcast.... When they are good they are very very good but when they are bad they are oh so bad.

Comcrap is the devil. They are the evil empire. When you have a problem that requires someone there with half a brain to resolve you learn the full power of their incompetence. When their billing dept can destroy your credit with a push of a key and a "we'll get back to you" you will understand.

If you are lucky enough to only need them to add or remove a channel or send you new equipment you're good but as soon as there is a REAL problem beware......

---------
My user name should be EdF(formerly from)NJ and glad to be gone. [emoji3]
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Comcast.... When they are good they are very very good but when they are bad they are oh so bad.
Comcrap is the devil. They are the evil empire. When you have a problem that requires someone there with half a brain to resolve you learn the full power of their incompetence.
Dealing with Comcrap takes a lot of patience, because everyone you talk to tells you a different story.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Dealing with Comcrap takes a lot of patience, because everyone you talk to tells you a different story.
About two months ago a very nice woman was canvassing our neighborhood from Comcast. If you made the switch they paid all the fees to your existing providers and then send you a $400 or $500 credit card with that value on it for you to go anywhere you want to shop. Three different couples were present for the spiel. We declined, they both accepted and it has been torture on them trying to get what they were promised. Never again not me. I tried to warn them but the credit card offer got them.

I don't understand the need for speed on the internet! I just don't get it, I don't understand. Is the faster speed needed to launch a Space Shuttle at NASA?
Old 01-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

I don't understand the need for speed on the internet! I just don't get it, I don't understand. Is the faster speed needed to launch a Space Shuttle at NASA?

You don't understand it because you don't need it. [emoji851] If you needed it you would know and understand. It all depends on what you do on with/on the net. Basically there are things that could take 2 hours to complete that can be done in 10-15 minutes.

Is like taking 441 from here to Miami vs taking the FL Turnpike. Both ways will get you to the same place but one is 10x faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 12:04 AM

We just went through 6 days of hell with Spectrum. We have had Spectrum since coming down here 4 years ago. Last week we upgraded from Brighthouse equipment to Spectrum equipment. Every piece of equipment they sent or brought out was defective. We were told we would get the same channels for $21 a month less than currently paying. Well we had less channels now because some of the channels we had were in a different tier now and would cost us more per month. Told us our router that we own was compatibile-they even checked the model number. However, after the third tech was here they determined it was not compatible. Took a fourth tech out here to get the router working. When I called for some kind of credit for all the inconvenience all they can do is give me a one time $25 credit unless I want to pay $2 a month more for a bunch of channels we didn't want. I think all the cable companies are alike. Looking into "cutting the cord."
Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
You don't understand it because you don't need it. [emoji851] If you needed it you would know and understand. It all depends on what you do on with/on the net. Basically there are things that could take 2 hours to complete that can be done in 10-15 minutes.

Is like taking 441 from here to Miami vs taking the FL Turnpike. Both ways will get you to the same place but one is 10x faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I admit I don't get all the technicalities. Upload/Download ah ha now I have a clue about the need for speed. My speed, in that case, is berry berry slow. But so am I so it works out great. Thanks for the splanation. For me cheap, slow, steady works.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I'm with Spectrum in Pinellas. I just did a speed test on my hard wired desktop and it was 117 megs.
hard wired is not a true test
Old 01-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
hard wired is not a true test

Actually hard wired is the only end user available true test to see if you get the speed you pay for. Wifi speeds are affected by many non ISP related variables where hard wired is the true speed provided from your modem or router and is how to verify you are getting what you pay for.

---------
My user name should be EdF(formerly from)NJ and glad to be gone. [emoji3]
Closed Thread

Tags
ohio, espn2, hours, comcast, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.