Noise

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpappie View Post
We hope to move to the villages soon. Is it quiet? Do you ever have any problems with noisy neighbors?
Its mostly quiet where we live in Monarch Grove..however, for quiet, look into buying the new Verandas which are designer homes with enclosed yards.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:14 PM

When I was looking at the house I wound up purchasing, I asked the next door neighbor about the neighborhood and the block and was their a lot of traffic noise from the road that our houses( which has a concrete wall) backed up to. He said it was just white noise. He actually loved it. Said he was living in a different area in the villages and he kept hearing the neighbors to the left of him and to the right of him, and knew they probably heard everything from his lanai also. So , all depends where you wind up buying.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Every time somebody plays god bless the USA and people have that I’ve seen the light look I gets sick to my stomach
Old 11-12-2020, 04:19 PM

I live on a street away from a town square or main road where most traffic is local as it isn't on the way to a golf course, rec center or pool, and it is very quiet. 9pm is the new midnight. very little traffic after 9.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:19 PM
Default No Noise

Our Village is quiet. Osceola Hills at Soaring Eagle.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Do search on noise, there have been threads about golf cart paths, the turnpike, pickleball courts, rec centers, etc., so you will need to do your homework if you want quiet, and cross your fingers with your neighbors. Interior homes have kissing lanais (you may be within 10 feet of your neighbors lanai, take this into consideration if you are after quiet. Also you may want to avoid golf courses, early lawn mowing, lots of golf carts and possible conversations depending on where you are located along the course. I am sure there will be some additional comments, but in general, the villages is a very quiet place.
Good advise
Old 11-25-2020, 07:43 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
...whatever. It's the Hallmark card of pseudo-religious patriotic glurge. That's the second reason I can't stand it. The first reason though, is that it's over-played and so BADLY sung every time I hear someone singing it live, that it makes proud to be an American - where at least I know I'm free to tell you how much I can't stand that song
Your first statement is just an emotional rant without facts to which you’re entitled because at least you know you’re free

God Bless The USA
Closed Thread

Tags
noise, noisy, problems, quiet, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.