Noise Curfew

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbfrank View Post
My wife and I are planning to move to TV in the near future. I was just wondering about neighborhood noise, ie parties, music, or general high noise producing activities after a certain time of the day. It seems to me that since all the homes are positioned very close to each other, noisy activities of one neighbor could cause a good amount of stress to surrounding neighbors.

Is there a noise curfew in TV?
If there is it sure doesn't apply to the Villages Golf Division whose mowers hit the courses at 6:00AM and can wake the dead!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Morning parties are noisier.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Platinum member

I have lived 10 ft off a championship golf cart trail and course for 10 years and the noise has never bothered me. The mowers are quick. A couple of minutes and they are gone. I do keep my sliders open most of the daylight hours.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:21 AM

The most problem I have had with noise is hearing the lawn cutters in the morning. Unfortunately I can't sleep well at night but towards morning I do sleepy pretty well. The early morning noise (for me early is later than one might think) does bother me but only 4 times a year or so. When I was in my house we used to sit on our lanais and talk back and forth. It was quite funny. We are now in a courtyard Vila and I can truthfully say we have had no problems. If you are really adverse to noise I believe you will still be safe here.
Closed Thread

Tags
noise, activities, curfew, positioned, close

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.