Noise Curfew

Noise Curfew

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Platinum member

I'm the life of the party - even if it lasts until 8 pm!

Seriously, 3 years and have never heard any disturbing noise -- but those crickets sure do get loud!

Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Platinum member

Oh, and if you do move here and have a problem (which I seriously doubt) we will just send Nucky The Enforcer over. Problem solved.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbfrank View Post
My wife and I are planning to move to TV in the near future. I was just wondering about neighborhood noise, ie parties, music, or general high noise producing activities after a certain time of the day. It seems to me that since all the homes are positioned very close to each other, noisy activities of one neighbor could cause a good amount of stress to surrounding neighbors.

Is there a noise curfew in TV?
Yes. There are noise ordinances, which are enforced by law enforcement in the jurisdiction in which you reside. That being said, some Villages homes have "kissing lanais", meaning the houses back to each other, in some cases very close. Although there might not be a "party", you may hear barking dogs, TV's, and music being played at a level in which you can hear from your house. Not to mention the person holding a phone conversation on their lanai, playing cards with a group of people, etc. If this possibility is something that concerns you, part of your home search should be to find a home/homesite which mitigates this potential problem.

Last edited by photo1902; 05-20-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This deed restriction is worthless because of the term "moderate level", which is totally undefinable and, therefore, unenforceable.
County ordinances are very specific.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:06 PM

Ha! They roll up the carpets at 9:00pm.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbfrank View Post
My wife and I are planning to move to TV in the near future. I was just wondering about neighborhood noise, ie parties, music, or general high noise producing activities after a certain time of the day. It seems to me that since all the homes are positioned very close to each other, noisy activities of one neighbor could cause a good amount of stress to surrounding neighbors.

Is there a noise curfew in TV?
If there is it sure doesn't apply to the Villages Golf Division whose mowers hit the courses at 6:00AM and can wake the dead!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Morning parties are noisier.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Gold member

I have lived 10 ft off a championship golf cart trail and course for 10 years and the noise has never bothered me. The mowers are quick. A couple of minutes and they are gone. I do keep my sliders open most of the daylight hours.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:21 AM

The most problem I have had with noise is hearing the lawn cutters in the morning. Unfortunately I can't sleep well at night but towards morning I do sleepy pretty well. The early morning noise (for me early is later than one might think) does bother me but only 4 times a year or so. When I was in my house we used to sit on our lanais and talk back and forth. It was quite funny. We are now in a courtyard Vila and I can truthfully say we have had no problems. If you are really adverse to noise I believe you will still be safe here.

Tags
noise, activities, curfew, positioned, close