Noise from neighbors lanai

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2017, 10:26 PM
Gold member
Default Noise from neighbors lanai

We recently moved to a new neighborhood, on a nature preserve for the quiet and nature. We have only one lanai behind us and don't want to make enemies with new neighbors but don't know what to do. It's 10:20 pm and all night and Still now they are loud, laughing and carrying on. It doesn't end. We will speak to them politelly and ask them to keep it down however I have a feeling it won't matter to them. They know they have new neighbors and don't seem to care. Other neighbors across the street mentioned to us the couple who lived here Prior go us had a problem with them. Why can't people be considerate of others. We love it here except for this situation. Help??
Old 02-13-2017, 10:34 PM

Good luck and I feel for you as I have a neighbor who honks all the time when he blows his nose!!!
He is totally abibulous to his behavior!!!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Gold member

Just ended. We have back of house opened up as weather is nice but this is just Rude to not take into consideration we all have neighbors.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:05 PM

Yes it is VERY rude!!!
Old 02-14-2017, 12:20 AM
Sage

Wanna bet they are renters & they're on vacation, most full time residents are not up that late, unless they have to go to the bathroom
Old 02-14-2017, 12:43 AM

John 8:7

May be fitting here.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
We recently moved to a new neighborhood, on a nature preserve for the quiet and nature. We have only one lanai behind us and don't want to make enemies with new neighbors but don't know what to do. It's 10:20 pm and all night and Still now they are loud, laughing and carrying on. It doesn't end. We will speak to them politelly and ask them to keep it down however I have a feeling it won't matter to them. They know they have new neighbors and don't seem to care. Other neighbors across the street mentioned to us the couple who lived here Prior go us had a problem with them. Why can't people be considerate of others. We love it here except for this situation. Help??
I may be wrong but I believe there is a noise ordinance that addresses your problem. I would start with the district or perhaps simply Community Watch
Old 02-14-2017, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

How can you be on a nature preserve and have a lanai behind you? Is it a kissing lanai, or across a pond, or...?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Gold member

Out of all the responses only one so far actually was helpful. It's nice to know people sympathize, but useless when they don't help. Calling the Village Community Development District will help: VCDD Community Standards

If that fails then call the sheriffs office and make a disturbing the peace complaint. We to had issues where we last lived and when we finally did call the police they were only to happy to go to the neighbors and explain that their behavior was inconsiderate and disrespectful. Sometimes it can take more than one call and if keeps repeating they will get a summons. The police are not supposed to mention who called, but it won't hurt to ask them not to reveal who complained.

We too did not want to act like bad neighbors, but finally realized it was the noisy neighbors who were the bad ones. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 AM
Gold member

No it's to the right of us and yes behind us. Only one. They sit up higher which makes it worse for us as noise carries. They live here full time and we always believe in inviting the neighbors over too as to keep all happy however they are a bunch of gay women. No we have No problem with that as long as your considerate we don't care. I imagine we need to speak to them first out of courtesy but honestly my gut tells me they won't care at all. Any advice, appreciated??
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

As a Holly model home has the TV / living room adjacent to the master bed room with French doors between the two, sound carries very easily between the rooms. My wife loves to stay up late watching TV. Now, calling community watch would not help but giving her a wireless headset to then be able to mute the sound through the TV speakers was a god send.

Sometimes thinking out of the box to restore tranquility can help.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

You might try inviting or asking one of the neighbors to come over to your house when you hear all the noise so they understand and can actually experience what you are experiencing. With any luck, you will get an 'Oh my we did not realize this was so loud....'
Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:11 AM

If you talk to them & then feel you have to formally complain, then they'll know it's you.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

. Some people would try to point out their faults. I am 77 years old and I have found that only works with your own children, when they are smaller than you are.

Calling the cops or noise control is not setting off on the right foot with people who own close to you. That doesn't seem like being a nice new neighbor...and of course they will know it's YOU.

P.S. Why can't you invite and get to know a "bunch of gay women". They are just people.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-14-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to jalopy54

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemscatTV View Post
If you talk to them & then feel you have to formally complain, then they'll know it's you.
I would not care if they know it is me. Who else would complain other then the people who lives behind them? I respect my neighbors. But, if they have no respect then lookout!!!

Mickey
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, nature, lanai, mentioned, street

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.