Noise Pollution

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2021, 05:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
but if noise is bothering you here , then I can only suggest monastery with monks who have taken an oath of silence
LMAO I like that one!
Old 09-15-2021, 05:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Document, photograph daily with your cell if necessary and report. This community is based on self monitoring. The Villages respond to reports. They need to be valid though and not just plain harassment. Check deed restrictions. You will be doing us all a favor.
oh please yes, and tell me which village because I can give you guys a ton to document... keep you pretty much busy 24x7x365

SMH
Old 09-15-2021, 05:16 AM

The leadership of the state of Florida and the leadership of The Villages is lacking. When the bottom line defines the law of the land we are in trouble.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:22 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We have zero noise from traffic at our house. One day we were sitting on the lanai and the entire fire department was in front of our house and we didn’t hear them. We do hear the trains which we love. Also I do like wind chimes but don’t have any at my house.
We have wind chimes but not the tube kind. Ours hardly ever chime because they are heavier flat metal.
We moved here from Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We were directly under and close to Langley Airforce Base. We had jets flying overhead day and night. It's so peaceful and quiet here. Don't mind the truck, motorcycle or lawn people.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Don't forget light pollution!
Old 09-15-2021, 05:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned incessant barking as noise pollution. I love dogs and all pets, but owners who let their dogs bark are extremely irresponsible in my book. Where I am right now, I can't go in my yard without the neighbour's dog barking at me like he wants to kill me. The poor dog obviously has emotional issues as he paces and barks non stop, even when there's no one around. I hear him even with the windows closed and the TV on. I personally would muzzle him when outside, or try other devices to train it to not be a nuisance, but some people simply don't give a s..t about other people's quality of life.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:04 AM

Right up there with bag pipes.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I don't claim t know. I had a friend may years ago, when boom boxes were the rage, they buy them because they know it annoys others.
And you know they bought them to “annoy” people?? Im impressed byt your intuition
Old 09-15-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Do you notice how loud and obnoxious trucks, cars, motorcycles are on the TV streets?

Some days I can't carry on a conversions with friends while my windows rattle from the exhaust noise.

Those are modified/broken exhaust systems on those vehicles and should be against the law.

Most retirement community's are 55 yrs.+, wouldn't you think at that age, they would have it out of their system?

We have air pollution, water pollution, and now noise pollution.

Your Thoughts Please
I must admit I haven’t seen a problem as yet.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Do you notice how loud and obnoxious trucks, cars, motorcycles are on the TV streets?

Some days I can't carry on a conversions with friends while my windows rattle from the exhaust noise.

Those are modified/broken exhaust systems on those vehicles and should be against the law.

Most retirement community's are 55 yrs.+, wouldn't you think at that age, they would have it out of their system?

Your Thoughts Please
I live one block from Morse and one block from 466, so there is fire station a couple hundred yards away. I keep my windows closed and my air conditioner on all the time. I can sometimes hear a truck or motorcycle go by, but it’s not bad. Even outdoors it isn’t bad. I can often hear the music from Lake Sumter Village at night, but not if the TV is on. However, if I lived six or eight houses closer to 466, the noise would be hard to take.

I doubt that you will convince the state to pass and enforce strict laws regulating muffler noise or convince firetrucks to stop using their sirens. However, there are many thousands of homes farther from a major road than is your house. You might want to consider a move. I have a friend with a lovely home that backs onto Buena Vista, and she is searching for a quieter place. Like you, she can’t take the noise.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:41 AM

2021 0915 Wed @ 07:29
I grew up in a city. I could <hear> the ships horns on the river. I could hear the sound of the street cars’ bells and the street cars stopping and starting. I could hear the sound of dogs barking somewhere among the homes around ours. I could hear the sound of taffy horse-drawn wagon (!) plodding down the street.

I could <smell> the four o’clocks in the afternoon. I could smell freshly mowed lawns.

I could <see> the skyscrapers downtown from the third floor of our home - at one brief point the governor’s mansion for the state.

I am thankful for all of my senses.

But folks, I draw the line on loud internal combustion engines, blaring music (from Abba to Vivaldi to Zeppelin), horns and loud conversation in national parks (and the like).
Old 09-15-2021, 07:04 AM
Default Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned incessant barking as noise pollution. I love dogs and all pets, but owners who let their dogs bark are extremely irresponsible in my book. Where I am right now, I can't go in my yard without the neighbour's dog barking at me like he wants to kill me. The poor dog obviously has emotional issues as he paces and barks non stop, even when there's no one around. I hear him even with the windows closed and the TV on. I personally would muzzle him when outside, or try other devices to train it to not be a nuisance, but some people simply don't give a s..t about other people's quality of life.
The dogs are taking over, I agree.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:19 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungarianGrandma View Post
Forget about cars, trucks, and motorcycles - thats just temporary.
How about the idiot neighbor with the wind chime 12' away from your lania that runs 24/7 and sounds like someone ringing your doorbell nonstop! - now thats noise pollution!
I love wind chimes! I think the sound is very relaxing.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:32 AM
Default The Elderly

Quote:

Your Thoughts Please
Old people turn crabby but I don’t know how or why.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,191 Times in 761 Posts

Don't buy a house near a main road, or the turnpike if you don't want to hear car or truck noise..
Closed Thread

Tags
pollution, noise, exhaust, trucks, retirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.