Noise from turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2019, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Everyone is different as far as what noise level they can or will tolerate. I walked in the new nature preserve up by Fenney and found the roadway noise awful. I personally couldn't see living near the Turnpike and having it as constant background noise. It would be worth it to me to pay extra money for "quiet". Other people, perhaps those with hearing problems, or those who are going to enclose their lanai's and not open the windows, or those who lived for years on a busy city street, wouldn't find it objectionable. No judgement - just do what's best for you.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Just remember - the Villages started out as a trailer park, and parts of it are still as they were in the 70's when The Villages was first built, with some of the original single-wide trailers brought in during the 1970's still owned and occupied by Villages residents. It is still The Villages, and there are still hundreds of Villagers living there. All villagers are still welcome to play on their executive golf courses and make use of the other amenities there, just as we are welcome to use the amenities in your neighborhood.
Yes, I know about the historic section, both Mr Shwartz and my parents had a home there. That’s where everything started and, in my opinion, still one of the most beautiful places in TV. If it was not for Barnes and Noble it would have been my first choice in TV.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

"Trailer Park" seems to carry a stigma, real or otherwise.
Maybe that was/is the intent.
Mobile home and RV park are more descriptive (of what is actually in place).
Trailer park? I think not.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
"Trailer Park" seems to carry a stigma, real or otherwise.
Maybe that was/is the intent.
Mobile home and RV park are more descriptive (of what is actually in place).
Trailer park? I think not.
Always the voice of wisdom.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Everyone is different as far as what noise level they can or will tolerate. I walked in the new nature preserve up by Fenney and found the roadway noise awful. I personally couldn't see living near the Turnpike and having it as constant background noise. It would be worth it to me to pay extra money for "quiet". Other people, perhaps those with hearing problems, or those who are going to enclose their lanai's and not open the windows, or those who lived for years on a busy city street, wouldn't find it objectionable. No judgement - just do what's best for you.
The nature trail in Fenney is not near the turnpike and you surely cannot hear it in Fenney. You must have been in Marsh Bend which is in Southern Oaks.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Ask your Salesperson why the noise and as why their aren't any walls along the Turnpike to Cut Down (not stop) on the noise.

Remember that price isn't everything.

The Village "Morse Money Moguls" are going to build about 40,000 more homes so I think you will find one that is quieter.

Oh. That's in Sumter County where they will raise the Real Estate Taxes 24%. You should be able to find a home of your liking there.
Even after the increase the tax rate in Sumter is lower than in Lake County and in addition Wildwood has announced they are lowering their tax rate. Once they get the new villages along the turnpike built and sold they will start others that are further away from the pike, they are already digging along 501.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
I was looking at a house on Knudson Run. Not being in town I have no way to personally gauge the tollway noise.
My wife and I like to walk in that area to see what is happening. The part of Knudson Run east of Corbin Trail can be pretty loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
Concern also south of the street as to what might go in.
The land south of Monarch Grove looks beautiful. My guess is they will move a lot of dirt in that area to create nice lakes like they have in Linden and McClure.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Michael Charles

Well this thread is about the turnpike noise. What does the trailer park, the original villages or anything have to do with this discussion about the noise from the turnpike? Just sayin.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Ask your Salesperson why the noise and as why their aren't any walls along the Turnpike to Cut Down (not stop) on the noise.

Remember that price isn't everything.

The Village "Morse Money Moguls" are going to build about 40,000 more homes so I think you will find one that is quieter.

Oh. That's in Sumter County where they will raise the Real Estate Taxes 24%. You should be able to find a home of your liking there.
The salesperson is an employee to sell, kept in the dark and would not be able to answer " Awkward " questions.

So asking the obvious is a complete waste of time.
Closed Thread

Tags
turnpike, noise, great, input, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.