Noisy Pool Motors

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Default Noisy Pool Motors

I am having difficulties with the noise from my pool and my neighbors entering my home. Has anyone else had this issue and if so did you find a solution.

Also, my neighbor just installed his pool. Are there any rules requiring them to place bushes around the pool equipment?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=SB8476;750547]I am having difficulties with the noise from my pool and my neighbors entering my house.

Tell your neighbors to stay out of your house.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB8476 View Post
I am having difficulties with the noise from my pool and my neighbors entering my home. Has anyone else had this issue and if so did you find a solution.

Also, my neighbor just installed his pool. Are there any rules requiring them to place bushes around the pool equipment?
Did you get a copy of your deed restrictions? Nothing in there about your neighbors having to plant bushes around pool equipment.
The noise will eventually go away................well not really but you will get used to it.
I agree your neighbors should not be entering your house.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Sage

The same topic is being discussed in this thread: Swimming pool noisey motors
Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The same topic is being discussed in this thread: Swimming pool noisey motors
OP opened that other thread.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Dancing Thyme

New neighbors just moving in said that they didn't like viewing my spa equipment from their dining room window. I never realized what a mess it looked like, the previous neighbor never said a word. They asked if I would mind if they put some small bushes in between the houses to mask it. I had no problem with that, of course. Actually, now that they brought it to my attention, I really want to do more for them and will be working on an idea. Why not get along, after all, we're neighbors. My house was a spec home with a spa so I had nothing to do with the equipment positioning.

However, luckily for me they do not try to enter my house, LOL.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

There are several things you can do to subdue the noise. Buy a rubber mat and install it between the motor and concrete. ACE hardware has them. Plantings around the motor help but make it more difficult to access. When you replace the motor, and you will, get the newer variable speed motor. They are significantly quieter.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

there is better than a 50% chance if you never saw the equipment in the first place, you would not hear it either.

How about the airconditioner....it is as loud and maybe louder than the pool motors?

It is mostly what we see and WANT or not to hear.

btk
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Good point bill if you can hear a pool pump something is terribly wrong
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Platinum member

My solution was to build a box out of pieces of 2" thick insulation board. The pieces are held together with 'liquid nails' glue. I left a hole on the back rear to provide ventilation so the pump would not overheat. The pump noise is almost completely eliminated. Since the insulation is light blue, the box is not particularly attractive, but I have a cross-hatch screen around my pool equipment which basically hides everything.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.