Non-playing guests on golf courses?

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Default Non-playing guests on golf courses?

Can a non-playing guest ride along in a golf cart with a playing guest on the country club courses? I saw a child riding with 2 adults yesterday, I wasn't sure what the policy is. It would solve a baby-sitting problem in 2 weeks if it's permitted. Just curious.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Veteran member

No children.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Send GracieGirl a message. I know Helene frequently rides along while Sweetie and Gracie play, but I'm not sure what she had to do for this to happen. If you do call for an answer, please let us know the answer. I'm sure it will come in handy to many.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-11-2017, 08:19 PM

Good idea, will call tomorrow and get the official word which I will then post.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Send GracieGirl a message. I know Helene frequently rides along while Sweetie and Gracie play, but I'm not sure what she had to do for this to happen. If you do call for an answer, please let us know the answer. I'm sure it will come in handy to many.
Gracie and Henry pay a rider's fee (approx 4.00) for her to ride with them.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Here's the scoop--adult spectators are free on the championship courses, children are not allowed if the accompanying adults are all playing. This is because of safety requirements since the child could get out of the cart and get injured.

Question answered!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Sage

There is a rider's fee....probably not toddlers are allowed. Call the golf course and ask.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:12 AM

I checked with Palmer course this morning and the employee told me spectators were free, no kids allowed if all the adults were playing. I don't know what the policy is on executive courses, where I'm sure the trail fee applies, but this is the information from the pro shop directly.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueorange View Post
I checked with Palmer course this morning and the employee told me spectators were free, no kids allowed if all the adults were playing. I don't know what the policy is on executive courses, where I'm sure the trail fee applies, but this is the information from the pro shop directly.
Spectators are allowed on executive courses. They must be at least 10 years old. There is no charge for any spectator if they have a resident or guest ID. I didn't see what if any charges there are if they didn't have an ID. There is more info of golf the villages website under Executive Courses.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
There is a rider's fee....probably not toddlers are allowed. Call the golf course and ask.
There was a rider's fee in the past. Policy was changed last year and the fee was eliminated.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Gracie and Henry pay a rider's fee (approx 4.00) for her to ride with them.
There is no longer a fee for riders who don't play. There is a fee on most golf courses and at one time there was here. Henry went to pay a years fee, and they said that Helene would receive a free Priority Membership and to remind them next year so it would be renewed. Since then rules have been changed and riders aren't charged.

They (The Morses) quietly do kind things. We have stumbled across other similar things. We were never made to feel anything but graciously received and Henry asked for no special treatment.

I am a big fan of that family.

Children are NOT allowed on the golf course for their own safety. I think that rule is pretty universal.

Tags
non-playing, guest, golf, courses, solve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.