Non-villagers use of Recreation Rooms

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Default Non-villagers use of Recreation Rooms

I was trying to attend last months Villages for Trump meeting in Hacienda but the room was full. I got to stand and listen with 20 members or so others at least and when asked to show hands for those outside of the Villages I was surprised that at least 40 of the seats were full from outside the Villages. This morning over at VNN the organizer in an article mentioned the growth in the club was partly due to attendees from outside The Villages. The show of support is great but wondering Does not the rec centers check IDs? or Do clubs pay extra rent for non-villagers? and lastly Is this club paying resident rates while letting non-villagers attend? Seems residents should have priority and non-villagers could be on stand-by not the other way around like for us 20.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

I bet you can get your answer here.
Contact - Villagers For Trump Club

Or here.
https://districtgov.org/images/Facil...d-Approved.pdf
Old 10-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
I was trying to attend last months Villages for Trump meeting in Hacienda but the room was full. I got to stand and listen with 20 members or so others at least and when asked to show hands for those outside of the Villages I was surprised that at least 40 of the seats were full from outside the Villages. This morning over at VNN the organizer in an article mentioned the growth in the club was partly due to attendees from outside The Villages. The show of support is great but wondering Does not the rec centers check IDs? or Do clubs pay extra rent for non-villagers? and lastly Is this club paying resident rates while letting non-villagers attend? Seems residents should have priority and non-villagers could be on stand-by not the other way around like for us 20.
My ID was checked today in the art room at Laurel Manor along with our daughters and it is almost always checked there on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday when we use the art room.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Sage

IF they rent the room...that is pay $$$$....anyone can come without an I.D.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Every Saturday morning we go to FishHawk and play mahjong. Our ID's get checked every time.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Gold member

Villagers for Trump pay to use the meeting rooms in the rec centers, As such, the meeting is open to whomever they choose and they choose to open it to the public. I was at the September meeting when Loudon spoke and there were definitely at least 20 empty seats so I don't understand the OP's complaint.

Similarly, the Villages Entertainment pays to use the venue at Savannah Center for some of their entertainment. Those shows are open to the public.

Tags
non-villagers, villages, club, show, full

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.