North Carolina

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default North Carolina

Keep noticing more and more posts from NC and was wondering if anyone is from the area around Morganton....I tell my Village friends that people in NC have not found the Villages because they already think they are in heaven...Beautiful place to VISIT, now I'm REALLY in heaven!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Eternal Member

We are from Shelby, NC which is not that far from Morganton. Used to venture up that way to eat sometimes. I think there was a Steak and Ale there that had the best salad bar I have ever tried.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Gold member

Lived 12 years in Kitty Hawk. Only thing I miss is the ocean. ;o)
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

We enjoyed living in Wilmington, NC, but it was too cold for me. After growing up in Miami and living in the Caribbean for a good part of my life, winters in Wimington were very difficult for me to adjust to--even though we rarely got snow. While I know it gets cold in TV in the winter, it does not get AS cold for AS long.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage
Default Hi Cappy

One the wonderful things about Wilmington was the beautiful cobble street down near the water with the cute shops...We didn't get that far east except during our yearly pilgrimage to Myrtle for new years golf outing. Thank you for responding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
We enjoyed living in Wilmington, NC, but it was too cold for me. After growing up in Miami and living in the Caribbean for a good part of my life, winters in Wimington were very difficult for me to adjust to--even though we rarely got snow. While I know it gets cold in TV in the winter, it does not get AS cold for AS long.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Sage
Default Hi Obxgal

The Outerbanks are sooooo beautiful with the natural landscape and of course you had claim to the Wright Brothers famed flight (I know some Ohio'ns like to claim that factoid) We would get snow in Morganton but like you said, I don't miss it! BUT sure love to follow "Tarheel Basketball" especially when they are winners!...giggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
Lived 12 years in Kitty Hawk. Only thing I miss is the ocean. ;o)
Old 08-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Sage
Default sent a pm

but now that I think about it, the Steak n ale was in Hickory, Little ole Morganton residents always made the 20 minute trip to Hickory to enjoy dining out....There was the Stone House Restaurant, could that be the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schotzyb View Post
We are from Shelby, NC which is not that far from Morganton. Used to venture up that way to eat sometimes. I think there was a Steak and Ale there that had the best salad bar I have ever tried.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to ariel

We're in Salisbury - about 45 minutes east of Charlotte. I grew up in South Carolina and we came here from Virginia. I like many things about all of the areas we have lived - good friends and family and can always visit! So I don't think I will miss it when we move to TV. Just hoping to sell the house by this time next year. Real estate market around Charlotte area is not very good right now.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Sage
Default Good Luck with sale of house Ariel

Some good news, just read that Charlotte/Salisbury area is one of the best for jobs and those people need homes, so will keep my fingers crossed so that you can come live in paradise real soooon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel View Post
We're in Salisbury - about 45 minutes east of Charlotte. I grew up in South Carolina and we came here from Virginia. I like many things about all of the areas we have lived - good friends and family and can always visit! So I don't think I will miss it when we move to TV. Just hoping to sell the house by this time next year. Real estate market around Charlotte area is not very good right now.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:14 PM

We are from Gastonia and know Shelby & Morganton very well. NC is a wonderful and beautiful state but there is nothing like TV in NC.

We were snowflakes for nearly six years and finally retired in Dec. 2010. This is the greatest.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Default North Carolina

I lived in Concord for over 25 years. Left when my wife died in 2005. Moved to Ohio and then moved to TV in 2010. I would like to see a NC Club start up.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Sage
Default Hope you are loving TV

Concord - a great town....I know you are happy with your move to the Villages....I've said this b4 but I feel like I've won the lottery..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief29 View Post
I live in Concord for over 25 years. Left their after my wife died in 2005. Moved to Ohio then moved to TV 2010.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to ariel

A NC club is a great idea. My husband is originally from Ohio, so we are looking forward to the Ohio clubs as well.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Platinum member

I lived at Ft. Bragg for about 6 weeks about 40 some years ago. Some of the worst weeks of my life.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief29 View Post
I lived in Concord for over 25 years. Left when my wife died in 2005. Moved to Ohio and then moved to TV in 2010. I would like to see a NC Club start up.
I'll join a NC Club if there's one started when I get there. Eleven years on the Coast of NC at Cape Carteret, and now five years in the most Western city in NC, Murphy. The Western Mountains are beautiful and the "Leaf" Season spectacular.

I can make someone a good deal on a Mountain Chalet.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.