North Carolina

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Sage

We also moved from Wilmington NC last June 2012. Not our home, but spent 4 years there in transition. Tonight we are spending our last night in a cabin in Burnsville (about 40 miles north of Asheville). 3 weeks plus of Carolina blue skies, mountain air and cooler temperatures were just the ticket after the beastly heat this summer. Looking forward to coming back to The Villages and what is now home, but I sure do love these mountains.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
We enjoyed living in Wilmington, NC, but it was too cold for me. After growing up in Miami and living in the Caribbean for a good part of my life, winters in Wimington were very difficult for me to adjust to--even though we rarely got snow. While I know it gets cold in TV in the winter, it does not get AS cold for AS long.
Where/when were you in the Caribbean? I grew up on the coast of NC and later spent 17 years in the Caribbean, just prior to TV. We were in the Virgin Islands, 12 years on St. Thomas and 5 years on St. Croix. The first 10 years on STT we lived aboard our sailboat and spent some time "down island".
Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

Scully is right--- parker's bbq in wilson is the best. Lived in wilson, nc for 40 years until husband died & then moved to the villages to be near family. Always stop at parker's just to bring bbq back to florida. They make the best.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Tonight we are spending our last night in a cabin in Burnsville (about 40 miles north of Asheville).
Tell me about those cabins. I'm heading that way in a couple of months. Sounds nice.
In reality, they're different!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 AM

I was born in Smithfield, NC but lived mainly in Garner & Cary before moving to the UK many years ago. Smithfield's Chicken & BBQ was my favourite and I truly miss is it!! Duke is our team (basketball only) GO DUKE!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:06 AM
Gold member

My hubby was born just outside of Charlotte. We have family in Asheville, Rutherfordton, Hendersonville. We lived in Banner Elk for several years and 3 of our kids were born in NC. 1 in Sylva and the other 2 in Boone.
We do love the state. A great getaway for the hot humid summers in Florida for sure!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=SCULLY;498454]We have lived in Wilson, N.C. , with future plan to live in TV. I can tell you about great places to eat. First, we have the BEST BBQ in the world. We Have a place called Parker's BBQ and
another one called Bill's BBQ. The other place to go especially if you are a steak lover, is a place called THE BEEFMASTER. By far,,,,absolutely the best steak you will eat. No menu, you get a rib-eye sized at the table, baked potatoe and salad to die for. I will put those three place against any place in the world. I own a retail shipping store and I ship lots of BBQ all over the USA, on a weekly basic, especially to Florida. If you want the best BBQ, call Parker's in Wilson, N.C. and they will give you my shipping store #.[/QUOTE

Beefmaster still there! I think we ate there 35 years ago but I remember it being very good.

We lived in Eastern NC (Ahoskie) for 40 years! Luckily I miss NOTHING about it except for friends.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Default Carolinas Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel View Post
A NC club is a great idea. My husband is originally from Ohio, so we are looking forward to the Ohio clubs as well.
There is a Carolinas Club .

I am cooling in at Snowshoe, WV and will be returning to TV on Sept 20. Have been here since July 20th. The warmest is has been for 8 weeks is 73 degrees.

I lived in Rocky Mount for 7 years and Winston Salem for 10 years. North Carolinians are awesome.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 09-08-2013, 03:04 PM

We are on Rainsong Ave in the Village of Pinellas. If we can be of help, just give me a post!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:07 PM

Lived in the Statesville, NC area and had small place at Carolina Beach, NC (13 miles from Wilmington, NC.) Now live in TV and love it. NC is a beautiful state, but it does get some cold weather and the older I get, the less I like cold weather. The Villages is ideal for me.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Veteran member

My Mom was born and raised in a Cherryville. My Aunt Shirley and Uncle Alvin lived in Gastonia. Spent many summers there. My cousins wife Annette still lives there.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:06 AM

Lived in Flat Rock for 15 yrs, daughter grew up there, beautiful country, still miss it sometimes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.