Northern Section of TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Just noting that in Google map directions you can click on a bicycle icon (top of left frame) to show travel time in that mode instead of by car. I'd venture a guess that the actual travel time by golf cart may lie midway between the two figures.
The Villages Florida But then again I'm not a professional golf cart driver and can't be sure!

Good point that I missed - Thanks for adding that info...

aj
Old 03-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
If I was looking for a Patio Villa North of 466, I would search for something in the Village of de La Vista. This Village is about 10 minutes from SS or LSL and convenient to most things. Is is a little older so mature landscaping and some decent buys on Patio Villas.
I like your idea of the Village de La Vista. I think this would be a perfect section for me as it is centrally located between LSL and SS. I would initially like to be close to the squares.

As time goes on, maybe I'll be one those people who moves. I hope the move is going to be one and done as I don't like moving.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Be careful where you choose. The commute can be exhausting. Why spend 20 minutes windshield time sitting next to your loved one or golf companion when you can do it in 2 minutes. Come on, there is not bad location in The Villages. Some of the best times and the best conversations are in the golf cart.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Some of the best times and the best conversations are in the golf cart.
Second that!!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
.........Some of the best times and the best conversations are in the golf cart.
Yeah......I've received some of my best verbal beat-downs in the golf cart: "Where in the #*@% are you going, Bill?" "You missed that turn AGAIN, you moron!!" etc., etc. Just kiddin' - Sandy never gets upset with me.......well, almost never!

Certainly a different pace to our lives when we're in TV. Can't wait til we get to the point of being able to spend more time there!!

Bill
Old 03-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I have lived in Marion county since 2001. I am very happy out here. I have my necessary shopping - grocery, liquor, pharmacy, bank, gas station and a few eateries. I am maybe 3 miles to SS and 4 miles to LSL based on my GPS readings to the two TooJays in the area.

It is about a 20 minute cart ride to either square and a 10 minute ride to Summertrace.

There are always resales between here and the squares.

We used to go to activities at SS 4-5 nights a week. Now it is maybe twice a month. We still travel to SS quite a bit for lunch and shopping. My doctors are in the SS area and in the LSL area. I like morning appointments so I can partake of the various breakfast specials in both squares.

Anywhere in TV is great.

Get a map and a compass and draw a 3 or 4 or 5 mile circle from the places you want to be close to and see where the circles overlap and look in that area. You should find something.

Z
For the veterans of TV -- do you attend activities at SS and LSL less often the longer you live in TV as ZCaveman does?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 PM

But what about "making out" in the golf carts?

Where do we go to watch the submarine races?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaumburger View Post
for the veterans of tv -- do you attend activities at ss and lsl less often the longer you live in tv as zcaveman does?
yes.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1130 View Post
Where do we go to watch the submarine races?
Submarine Downs? The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
For the veterans of TV -- do you attend activities at SS and LSL less often the longer you live in TV as ZCaveman does?
This is only my fourth winter, but I would say "Definitely less often!!"

As a newbie or when you're vacationing, you think you'll spend every night at either LSL or SS!! Initially, we thought that! Because the Squares are such vibrant "happening" places. However, the longer you live in TV, the more you'll enjoy your home, and probably spend less time at the Squares. We go there when we have visitors, or perhaps once a week for dinner or shopping. It takes us 12 minutes by Golf Cart.

We live just south of CR 466 in a central location, near Southern Trace Plaza. We can access shopping easily by golf cart in 5 minutes; and we do so several times a week ... The Library, Publix, Bealls, Walmart, Giovannis. Bonefish Grill, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Crispers, Buffalo Ridge, two Vet clinics, etc., etc. We are also five minutes from the private dog park called Doggie Doo Run Run. And since Lolli Pop demands to go there daily, that is important for us!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Sage

When we are down, we also go to the squares less often than at first. I'm glad they are there, and I enjoy going, but once, maybe twice a week is about right.

For us, it's more convenient to live near shopping, rec. center with a gym, favorite golf courses and nice quiet places to walk and bicycle. We also enjoy the Springdale fitness trail and dog park.

This makes our Springdale (north side) location an excellent fit for us. Honestly though, I think everywhere in TV has it's good points.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
When we are down, we also go to the squares less often than at first. I'm glad they are there, and I enjoy going, but once, maybe twice a week is about right.

For us, it's more convenient to live near shopping, rec. center with a gym, favorite golf courses and nice quiet places to walk and bicycle. We also enjoy the Springdale fitness trail and dog park.

This makes our Springdale (north side) location an excellent fit for us. Honestly though, I think everywhere in TV has it's good points.
I will tell you what is wrong with the south side.

PTurner doesn't live there.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I will tell you what is wrong with the south side.

PTurner doesn't live there.
For friends of Gracie and P half the distance between them is the best location.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

I live in a patio villa in Merry Oak Villas just inside the Calumet Grove gate. I absolutely love my neighborhood and location. With the new golf cart paths, riding down to the square is so nice and I am near the Publix shopping center and VA facility. I have been here for 8 years and am so happy I chose this neighborhood. Right now there are some great 2 bedroom, 2 bath villas in here for sale. I know you wouldn't be sorry. The streets in here are Charlesfort, Palownia, and Ellerslie Ct - that's what you would see in the listings.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
For friends of Gracie and P half the distance between them is the best location.
I love that idea, dear Friend!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.