Not easy selling houses

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Do you think that someone is thinking about the mortgage rate going up?

I don't know the statistics, but a frequently repeated rumor is that about half the new homes are completely paid for when purchased, here in The Villages.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I think a better metric of how easy it is to sell a house it median time it takes to sell one, not how many were sold. Statistics on time to sell though I think are hard to come by.

Lyle Gant, a local Realtor keeps excellent stats on sales of existing homes through the MLS.

In 2018 MLS resales of TV homes was 1391, average days on market was 48. That is a robust market.

2018 Villages Home Sales by Month and Type

Not sure how accurate, but I Have heard that MLS sells 40-50% of resales in TV, the balance of resales are done by TV sales agents through the VLS. So total resales in TV would be in the range of 2800 to 3000 last year. Adding new home sales of 2134 and you are over 5000 homes sold. Hardly anemic for one community. Any builder would give his right arm for those kind of numbers.

Yes, new home sales currently are a lot less than the heydays of 2004-2006, but there are many factors at play here. Average sales price of new homes has gone up by a considerable percentage, TV homes are getting larger. There are many ways to skin a cat. I would guesstimate that over 50% of TV new home sales are spec homes, not ordered with a deposit so lots of risk for the developer. Build too many or too few and you lose. If you feel you know better TV is always looking for talented people.

Last edited by GoodLife; 01-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Seems that house sales are a bit like the weather.
Some years good, some years bad, and some years indifferent.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Homes

[QUOTE=twoplanekid;1613455]We sometimes think it’s easy to sell houses especially in The Villages. While The Villages is still the top-selling master-planned community in the US, the new home sales figures are a little anemic.

I thought for sure with all of the building down south and the larger numbers of new homes for sale that new home sales would start to climb to closer to 3,000 per year. Actual, 2018 sales were a tad less than 2017. What are your thoughts for new home sales in 2019?

RESPONSE:

Selling the most homes does not make you the best. It only means you have the most to sell in the area.
After one Village purchase, we would not buy from the Villages, no way..
Old 01-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1613754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
We sometimes think it’s easy to sell houses especially in The Villages. While The Villages is still the top-selling master-planned community in the US, the new home sales figures are a little anemic.

I thought for sure with all of the building down south and the larger numbers of new homes for sale that new home sales would start to climb to closer to 3,000 per year. Actual, 2018 sales were a tad less than 2017. What are your thoughts for new home sales in 2019?

RESPONSE:

Selling the most homes does not make you the best. It only means you have the most to sell in the area.
After one Village purchase, we would DEFINITELY buy from The Villages again. We rented for 6 or 7 winters in various villages around Lake Sumter and enjoyed every one of them and now have lived in Fenney for 20 months and enjoy it even more down here. TV is not for everyone but I don't think there are too many regrets.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post

Why do you not like your home?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1613754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
We sometimes think it’s easy to sell houses especially in The Villages. While The Villages is still the top-selling master-planned community in the US, the new home sales figures are a little anemic.

RESPONSE:

Why?
this post has a different tone, than many of your other posts.

Tags
sales, year, easy, villages, sale

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.