NOT so friendly Villager

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Don’t know why we needed to know this. We’ve all been in situations where others were rude. Why carry it with you all day. Just move on forgive and forget. No need to spread the negativity on social media. I’m sure we all would appreciate others doing that for us when they consider us to be the rude one. And we all are at one time or another.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:34 AM

Way to go big John! Enjoyed playing golf with you, Jim and Lou. Al
Old 03-26-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator1384 View Post
Way to go big John! Enjoyed playing golf with you, Jim and Lou. Al
Hey Al, I didn't know you were on this board. Stay in touch.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:53 AM

A couple of weeks ago, we resorted to this: I made a list of what we needed and a copy for spouse. We each went to a different grocery store at the same time and would text each item we found so the other one could skip looking for it. Less duplicating and a chance that at least one of the stores might have what you're looking for. Stay safe y'all!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 AM

My sister works at Wal-Mart in Deltona and they have single file cones and a manager there to make sure people are coridal entering the store. Not like Christmas rush!!!
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 AM

Cabin fever I guess! Hang in there
Old 03-26-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageuser View Post
Maybe the poor man was traumatized at how obvious it was that the Villagers have no understanding what a 6’ social distancing means. I went to two Publix supermarkets and chose the one with the less people and where the people seemed to be spacing themselves out, though more like 2’ rather than 6’. I stood back six feet from the person in line but the next person who came up stood right behind me. I asked them to step back and they did not. So I moved over attempting to create close to a 6’ space between me and the person in front of me and me and the person in back. He took that to mean that I was stepping out of line and to tried to get right behind the person who was in front of me! Unbelievable! I was extremely stressed out by people being so oblivious. This is the Villages! Where most people have the complications that can cause serious coronavirus consequences. Pay attention, people!
Where did all the masks go? I've worn a mask and gloves the 2 times I've had to go to the store over a 3 week period. All the masks are gone and no one is wearing them... smh
Old 03-26-2020, 10:28 AM

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world!
Old 03-26-2020, 10:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

Did you see the email from FMK (Blue Fin and more) restaurant group? 1 free roll of TP with every delivery order. Now THAT was cleaver.
It could be clever marketing or maybe they mean you will need a roll of TP if you eat the food.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Maybe this man has a very sick wife at home and he was in a hurry to get his items and return home to her. We sometimes just don't know what other peoples lives are like at home or how someone is suffering.
Maybe they should wait in line behind the people with their own problems and important
needs.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:51 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
That's very thoughtful of you to make an excuse for someone you don't even know. Here's another, maybe he's a jerk.
I like your comment and I'm sure its 100% correct....
Old 03-26-2020, 11:11 AM

Try Publix at Southern Trace for senior hour. Orderly line, no pushing, keeping their distance. Limits on TP and bread. Shelves were ok. Yes we were the ones going for fresh fruit, tomatoes, potatoes, vegetables etc assume we are the folk that the comment previously was directed to. This virus will bring the worst out in folk. . Many friends will be lost, maybe some divorces will occur as well. The Villages is NOT the friendliest place, but it could be, if the folk with "attitude and entitlement" would leave. We hope that this will teach everyone a lesson, yes the hard way, but I doubt it, selfish, greedy, arrogance will sadly come back as life eventually returns to "NORMAL". Yet the opportunity to make it better is there.................TAKE IT
Old 03-26-2020, 11:14 AM
Default Be patient and be the way you want to be treated.

We are all in this together so we need to be patient. Take some extra time, don’t be in such a hurry. And realize this, we live in an elderly community. Many of these people have no idea what we are going thru, we are in uncharted territory here. My elderly parents also live here in TV and it’s very difficult for them to understand what social distancing and safe practices are. Also, depending on what news you watch, either you are scared to death or think this whole thing is a joke. Combine those 2 types of people together in the same space and you get a clod with a mask pushing thru a crowd.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
Next time, can I suggest just be ready, to call the person out and shame them. Using best projecting voice, “Hey you! In the pink shirt (or whatever they were wearing so everyone can know who you are talking to) we are waiting in line here.”

Please, don’t let them get away with it. Like children they have to be taught manners.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Why did you not tell him the line starts behind you....
I was very far away from where this guy was forging through the crowd. I would have had to yell very loudly and even then he may not have heard me. Remember.....I was hanging way back waiting for the crowd to file in through the doors.

Tags
waiting, villager, doors, people, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.