NOT so friendly Villager

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-25-2020, 03:57 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 1,874
Thanks: 6
Thanked 287 Times in 158 Posts
Default NOT so friendly Villager

Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
__________________
coffeebean
  #2  
Old 03-25-2020, 04:03 PM
BS Beef's Avatar
BS Beef BS Beef is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Upper Arlington, Oh/Naples, Fl
Posts: 343
Thanks: 43
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I just don’t understand some people. Sad to see how some folks can be so unhappy in their own lives. Glad I don’t have to go thru life like that little person.
  #3  
Old 03-25-2020, 04:45 PM
TexaninVA TexaninVA is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Largo
Posts: 2,384
Thanks: 108
Thanked 120 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
That's how fights start and civil unrest can develop. He was either selfish or panicked ... or both.
  #4  
Old 03-25-2020, 04:52 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 5,681
Thanks: 0
Thanked 258 Times in 148 Posts
Default

I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #5  
Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 PM
Yung Dum's Avatar
Yung Dum Yung Dum is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bonnybrook
Posts: 451
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
Who was that masked man? Hi Yo Silver!
__________________
"What, me worry?"--Alfred E. Neuman
  #6  
Old 03-25-2020, 07:35 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,212
Thanks: 81
Thanked 320 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.
And I wonder if Colony had a manager posted at the door when they opened up. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to have a "show of force," so to speak. Might make people behave better.


My personal opinion is that the seniors-only hour doesn't work too well in a population of 120,000+ seniors. We have gone at later hours and also used home delivery of groceries.


Currently have four rolls of paper towels and a pack of 12 tp to add to the 8 rolls we already had. I think (hope) we're set. We also have washable cloths for mopping up kitchen spills, etc.


I am counting the sheets of tp though!
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
  #7  
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is online now
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9,573
Thanks: 1,617
Thanked 806 Times in 452 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And I wonder if Colony had a manager posted at the door when they opened up. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to have a "show of force," so to speak. Might make people behave better.


My personal opinion is that the seniors-only hour doesn't work too well in a population of 120,000+ seniors. We have gone at later hours and also used home delivery of groceries.


Currently have four rolls of paper towels and a pack of 12 tp to add to the 8 rolls we already had. I think (hope) we're set. We also have washable cloths for mopping up kitchen spills, etc.


I am counting the sheets of tp though!
Very funny Elaine! The Stall - I Don't Have a Square to Spare - YouTube
  #8  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:19 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,212
Thanks: 81
Thanked 320 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hilarious!
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
  #9  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:27 PM
TommyT TommyT is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Villages
Posts: 376
Thanks: 87
Thanked 52 Times in 17 Posts
Angry Seen Pushy People before here !!!

I've seen pushy and rude people here. Doesn't surprise me this happened.... I just say to myself, "Welcome to the Villages."
__________________
Thanks,
Tommy T
The Villages
  #10  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:06 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 4,695
Thanks: 264
Thanked 525 Times in 277 Posts
Default

Was it all women in line? I had a guy try that at Miller's Ale House back in January. There was line waiting to give their name to the hostess and this jerk walks up in front and said, "party of 2". I did my best "Dustin Hoffman" Hey, there's line here. He said, sorry and backed off.

Last edited by John_W; 03-26-2020 at 08:09 AM.
  #11  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:07 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,422
Thanks: 0
Thanked 564 Times in 240 Posts
Default

Why should the minority (not race) get such validation as being representative of TV.

They are not....just ask any of us in the other 98.976483%
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #12  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 1,674
Thanks: 104
Thanked 313 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.
Now that is a great idea except I wonder how many of those 27 people were going just for a pound of tomatoes and a quart of milk?



Did you see the email from FMK (Blue Fin and more) restaurant group? 1 free roll of TP with every delivery order. Now THAT was cleaver.
  #13  
Old 03-26-2020, 04:19 AM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 1,874
Thanks: 6
Thanked 287 Times in 158 Posts
Default

///
__________________
coffeebean

Last edited by coffeebean; 03-26-2020 at 04:54 AM.
  #14  
Old 03-26-2020, 04:36 AM
Debfrommaine Debfrommaine is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,033
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
People are being greedy everywhere, not just The Villages. We're hearing all types of stories about human nature given the state of things. Guaranteed this man acted the same wherever he came from before, personalities don't change.
  #15  
Old 03-26-2020, 06:22 AM
mydavid mydavid is online now
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Hear we go again with the toilet paper
Closed Thread

Tags
waiting, villager, doors, people, line

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.