NOT so friendly Villager

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts
Default NOT so friendly Villager

Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

I just don’t understand some people. Sad to see how some folks can be so unhappy in their own lives. Glad I don’t have to go thru life like that little person.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
That's how fights start and civil unrest can develop. He was either selfish or panicked ... or both.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Who was that masked man? Hi Yo Silver!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.
And I wonder if Colony had a manager posted at the door when they opened up. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to have a "show of force," so to speak. Might make people behave better.

My personal opinion is that the seniors-only hour doesn't work too well in a population of 120,000+ seniors. We have gone at later hours and also used home delivery of groceries.

Currently have four rolls of paper towels and a pack of 12 tp to add to the 8 rolls we already had. I think (hope) we're set. We also have washable cloths for mopping up kitchen spills, etc.

I am counting the sheets of tp though!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And I wonder if Colony had a manager posted at the door when they opened up. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to have a "show of force," so to speak. Might make people behave better.

My personal opinion is that the seniors-only hour doesn't work too well in a population of 120,000+ seniors. We have gone at later hours and also used home delivery of groceries.

Currently have four rolls of paper towels and a pack of 12 tp to add to the 8 rolls we already had. I think (hope) we're set. We also have washable cloths for mopping up kitchen spills, etc.

I am counting the sheets of tp though!
Very funny Elaine! The Stall - I Don't Have a Square to Spare - YouTube
Old 03-25-2020, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hilarious!
Old 03-25-2020, 08:27 PM
Angry Seen Pushy People before here !!!

I've seen pushy and rude people here. Doesn't surprise me this happened.... I just say to myself, "Welcome to the Villages."
Old 03-25-2020, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Was it all women in line? I had a guy try that at Miller's Ale House back in January. There was line waiting to give their name to the hostess and this jerk walks up in front and said, "party of 2". I did my best "Dustin Hoffman" Hey, there's line here. He said, sorry and backed off.

Last edited by John_W; 03-26-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Why should the minority (not race) get such validation as being representative of TV.

They are not....just ask any of us in the other 98.976483%
Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Now that is a great idea except I wonder how many of those 27 people were going just for a pound of tomatoes and a quart of milk?

Did you see the email from FMK (Blue Fin and more) restaurant group? 1 free roll of TP with every delivery order. Now THAT was cleaver.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

///

Last edited by coffeebean; 03-26-2020 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:

People are being greedy everywhere, not just The Villages. We're hearing all types of stories about human nature given the state of things. Guaranteed this man acted the same wherever he came from before, personalities don't change.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:22 AM

Hear we go again with the toilet paper
Closed Thread

Tags
waiting, villager, doors, people, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.