NOT so friendly Villager

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 06:27 AM

Never must be other things to do in life besides waiting for a grocery store to open
Old 03-26-2020, 06:40 AM

Mom! Billy butted in line at the grocery store.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

have you ever watched any of the news clips showing the doors opening on "Black Friday"....hordes of shoppers (mostly women) running and pushing each other to get a sale item that some little spoiled twerp said they wanted for Christmas

In one video the elderly man that had the unfortunate job of unlocking the door was pushed aside and fell over

Ever watch the jockeying that goes on when people are all trying to get out the church parking lot?

Ever watch the lane changers trying to get ahead of everyone else when a 4 lane turnpike toll booth is coming up and it's funneling down to two lanes?

Was the guy a complete Bozo, yeah and an ignorant clod to go along with it

To quote a very famous and influential person: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Old 03-26-2020, 07:00 AM

Just remember, what goes around comes around in ten fold, and Karma’s a bitch
Old 03-26-2020, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Or, as Forest said: "You just can't fix stupid!"......Or words to that effect.
Have a good day, all!
Old 03-26-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
Maybe the poor man was traumatized at how obvious it was that the Villagers have no understanding what a 6’ social distancing means. I went to two Publix supermarkets and chose the one with the less people and where the people seemed to be spacing themselves out, though more like 2’ rather than 6’. I stood back six feet from the person in line but the next person who came up stood right behind me. I asked them to step back and they did not. So I moved over attempting to create close to a 6’ space between me and the person in front of me and me and the person in back. He took that to mean that I was stepping out of line and to tried to get right behind the person who was in front of me! Unbelievable! I was extremely stressed out by people being so oblivious. This is the Villages! Where most people have the complications that can cause serious coronavirus consequences. Pay attention, people!
Old 03-26-2020, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.
Why did you not tell him the line starts behind you....
Old 03-26-2020, 07:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

There is always somebody.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:59 AM

If things get really out of hand, having police at the door may be an answer.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 AM
Gold member

Maybe this man has a very sick wife at home and he was in a hurry to get his items and return home to her. We sometimes just don't know what other peoples lives are like at home or how someone is suffering.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpar View Post
Or, as Forest said: "You just can't fix stupid!"......Or words to that effect.
Have a good day, all!
Judge Judy----"You can't fix stupid"

Forrest Gump---"Momma always said, stupid is as stupid does"
Old 03-26-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

There are a few rude and inconsiderate people here and elsewhere. It’s just a fact of life. Heck, I’ve seen people pushing others to get a better seat in church. My wife and I take turns shopping in order to help keep the crowds down in the supermarket. It’s a suggestion i saw and a very good one. I noticed some others sitting in their cars or golf carts waiting for their spouse/partner too. This too will pass in the weeks ahead.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Maybe this man has a very sick wife at home and he was in a hurry to get his items and return home to her...
That's very thoughtful of you to make an excuse for someone you don't even know. Here's another, maybe he's a jerk.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
That's very thoughtful of you to make an excuse for someone you don't even know. Here's another, maybe he's a jerk.
Odds favor the latter
Old 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM

well i wood slug him. and i feel good .no need to be a bad guy
Closed Thread

Tags
waiting, villager, doors, people, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.