To be or not to be-TV Antennas installed outside

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I assume your advice is for someone living in TV, right? If so, why do you continue to reference HOA as the authority. Does not apply to TV.........maybe Stonecrest?
HOA, POA what ever you call it is of no importance. There is a group that regulates what you can and cannot do with your property based on deed restrictions. Under Federal Regulation you can install a TV Antenna to receive OTA transmissions even if your deed restricted community says otherwise. Now the articles that deal with this suggest that you follow what rules that are in place for your community where you live before trying to install an OTA Antenna. HOA is a generic term used to describe these types of organizations. Where I live is not the subject of this discussion.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

Deleted Multiple Post.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
In all the articles that treat this antenna business they suggest that if you have deed restrictions and a process for getting things done on your property that you use that process. With the proper documentation submitted you will not be denied your request and it keeps all those involved informed and happy. Then you can also choose to go about it the bone headed way also if you like conflict in your life. Just go ahead and put an antenna up and get the neighbors angry, never get invited to another party, and be isolated in your neighborhood. Some people believe these deed restrictions are just mere suggestions.
sorry i like to argue and furthermore i don't like folks with no authority to try to tell me what i can and can't do.
Our government does enough of that.
remember we live in a free world and i resent someone telling me what i can and can't do with my property as long as i am within the LAW!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
sorry i like to argue and furthermore i don't like folks with no authority to try to tell me what i can and can't do.
remember we live in a free world and i resent someone telling me what i can and can't do with my property as long as i am within the LAW!
Well I'm kind of like you. I'm not big on regulations either. But the fact of the matter is if it were not for big lobby money that went to Washington concerning the small satellite industry the HOA, POA, or what ever you call them would have the right to say yes or no on the outdoor TV antenna based on what is in the covenants of the community. What many people don't realize is when you buy into one of these communities you actually enter into a binding contact. You actually give away some of your rights concerning your own property for a contractual agreement where the ruling group of people will maintain the esthetic quality of the neighborhood so as to protect everyone's investment. In 99% of the cases those people are reasonable. Then there is that 1% that can be a major nightmare to the home owner. Luckily in this area whether it be the Villages, Stonecrest, or DellWeb things are reasonablely managed.

Last edited by Steve9930; 04-10-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, the last time I ran a channel scan on my TV it found 50 channels. There are only a handful that are of interest to me; ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, METV, GRIT, and a few others. There are many religious and Spanish channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There are 50 stations in Orlando?
Old 04-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Yes, the last time I ran a channel scan on my TV it found 50 channels. There only a handful that are of interest to me; ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, METV, GRIT, and a few others. There are many religious and Spanish channels.
Same scan here. Enjoying Grit.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 PM

A member of the ARC on the historic side has antenna outside his home so I guess your allowed to have them.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2 View Post
A member of the ARC on the historic side has antenna outside his home so I guess your allowed to have them.
Should have told us all this earlier and would have saved much typing. It sort of says it all......
Old 04-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to rjcataniajr

GracieGirl-I am truly sorry you are having a difficult time understanding my post. Had you read my post, I clearly state"I would not put an antenna outside my house" No,I am am not having a baby,which I suppose this is your attempt at having something humorous to say. There is this thing on the internet called "GOOGLE" put in CORD CUTTING and you will find out the definitions. Since my article pertained to TV antennas, you just might see the similarities. Maybe not. Again, I have no idea what makes you think I am unhappy maybe you could point out specifically where you thought you saw it.
Have a most wonderful day,
Russ
Old 04-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcataniajr View Post
GracieGirl-I am truly sorry you are having a difficult time understanding my post. Had you read my post, I clearly state"I would not put an antenna outside my house" No,I am am not having a baby,which I suppose this is your attempt at having something humorous to say. There is this thing on the internet called "GOOGLE" put in CORD CUTTING and you will find out the definitions. Since my article pertained to TV antennas, you just might see the similarities. Maybe not. Again, I have no idea what makes you think I am unhappy maybe you could point out specifically where you thought you saw it.
Have a most wonderful day,
Russ
Back atcha, Russ.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
And of course the deed restrictions are the law, and if you live here you signed them and accepted them. If you don't live here then you are excused for not knowing what is within the law here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

Seems like the bottom line is this like it or not if some one wants an outdoor TV antenna they can have it installed HOA or not.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And of course the deed restrictions are the law, and if you live here you signed them and accepted them. If you don't live here then you are excused for not knowing what is within the law here.
OMG the deed restriction is not Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also they are preempted by federal and State Law!
a association can not make law only legislation can.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
OMG the deed restriction is not Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also they are preempted by federal and State Law!
a association can not make law only legislation can.

Alright then, they are part of the contractual agreement that you signed recognized by law. How's that?

AND if you want to have an outside antennae you can according to federal law...AND "cutting the cord" apparently means no longer buying service from an internet or cable provider...right, OP? Still don't know why OP didn't say that and can't figure out the purpose of the original post...Why present all that stuff from the POA?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Veteran member

Just incase no one noticed, but the horse died long ago........
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.