Items for sale problems still exist

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Default Items for sale problems still exist

Administration......Please, Please, Please, try to straighten out the ads placed on items for sale. Most of them are sideways and the descriptions are chopped off at the bottom of most of them. Take a look and you will see what I am talking about.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Default New Classifieds

How many out there like the new classifieds? I loved the previous one. You could see the pictures of the items without having to click on each one! I have had a lot of luck with my previous ads but I doubt i will hear from anyone now.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:33 PM

Why did they change it? It worked fine for me before?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Talk of The Villages is migrating onto it’s own software for classified ad listing. Panjo going forward will no longer be used for managing listing your items for sale. Please read all the Q and A below for a complete run down of the changes.

Q: Why is TOTV moving away from Panjo?
A: The needs of the users of TOTV are different than what the Panjo software can provide. TOTV has developed a custom software that will allow for a long term solution to managing the thousands of items for sale that get listed on TOTV and allow for future specific customization to the software to continue to meet the long term needs of the users on TOTV.

Q: What should you do?
A: You need to list any item you want for sale on the NEW classified software platform. The Panjo software will not be listing new items for sale on TOTV and will be decommissioned in the near future.

Q: How do I list my items for sale on the new TOTV software?
A: You will want to visit www.TalkofTheVillages.com. Log into your user account than and in the main navigation bar you should click on ‘Classifieds’. You will see a drop down menu with 2 options. One is ‘Old Panjo Listings’ and the other is ‘New Classified Section’. Click on ‘NEW CLASSIFIED SECTION’.

Click on the red button in the upper right that says ‘Post An Ad’. Then follow the steps completing the information fields indicated and click submit.

Note: The classifieds work in what is called an ‘iframe’ inside the TOTV website. If you do not see ‘Post an Ad’ make sure you are logged into your user account and you can scroll up and down and side to side with the slider controls as every monitor and device is different and this is built to accommodate the widest range for all users.

Q: When will Panjo be decommissioned?
A: We will disable the new listing side of items for sale effective Monday 3/30.

Q: What about the items currently on Panjo?
A: Those items will remain visible for the TOTV users to shop as we transition over to the new software and work out bugs. Once the majority of the users have listed their items on the new software the Panjo product will be entirely shut down and all items will be removed and the Panjo product no longer visible.

Q: What about the Classified section in the main forum?
A: The Classified section in the main forum will remain. When you list an item for sale a New Post with Automatically be created and generated in the forum section and this will also appear in ‘New Posts’. So you will not need to do anything with the forum section to have an item appear if you list it.

Q: What about my item listed in the forum section of the Classifieds?
A: Those items will remain on TOTV and be managed as they normally would which is they auto delete after 60 days in the forum section.

Q: What if I do not want to use the new software?
A: No problem, you can simply go to the main forums and list your item for sale under the classified section of the forum only.

Q: What if I do not see a ‘category’ for my item?
A: Please email us at TalkofTheVillages@gmail.com and we can add the appropriate category for your item to the menu.

Q: What if my item listed on Panjo is sold?
A: You can log into your user account and mark your item as sold or wait until we decommission Panjo and it will then be removed.

Q: With the new system do I have to use PayPal?
A: NO! We are not introducing Paypal as a mandatory option. You can collect money in person as you normally have done.

Q: Is the new software 100% perfect?
A: No. As with any new technology related change we expect bumps in the road and the need to make adjustments and de-bug potential issues. With this in mind please be patient with the new process and allow for the unexpected. We have put hundreds of hours into the development and testing so you would have as smooth a transition as possible and are ready to immediately assist with any issues.

Q: Are there any other features with the new software?
A: We have the ability to continue to enhance and offer additional features and functionality. At this time we want to ‘walk before we run’ and make a smooth BASIC transition from Panjo. But there are many more exciting features we will be rolling out to further enhance the classified section for the users.

Q: Who do I contact for errors or issues?
A: Please email talkofthevillages@gmail.com Do not contact Panjo as they cannot assist with the new software.

TalkofTheVillages.com is the undisputed leader in items for sale for residents of The Villages with thousands of items listed. Users contact us that their items have sold in hours and sometimes minutes of listing an item for sale. We hope this new software allows for a wonderful user experience and many years of enjoyment and use for everyone! We want to thank each and every one of you for making TalkofTheVillages the #1 website in The Villages and the #1 website for your classifieds!

Best Regards,

TOTV Team
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.