Value to property

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2021, 09:30 PM
Platinum member
Default Value to property

How much does value of a patio villa increase if on a corner lot?

How much does a 10x10 room enclosed with plexiglass add to value of property.

I realize that estimates may vary, but I need at least some idea.

Thank you
Old 01-06-2021, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

IMHO, enclosing with plexiglass would be a negative, enclosing with storm rated double pane glass would be a positive.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,619 Times in 5,198 Posts

I think to a lot of people, a corner lot is a negative, especially for a patio villa. Too much grass to maintain, and more street traffic. The front yard is pretty much useless.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Our enclosed lanai was $5000, not sure if the value would be $5000 in a sale but I am not going anywhere so I may never know. The house value has increased $30,000 in 18 months and we now have $80,000 in equity in the house. We are in a Villa but next door to the corner lot.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Personaly I would never live on a corner lot in any property.
Many times seen them treated as a local park for dogs to have a dump on, and as short cut for pedestrians to lazy to keep to path.
Lived on a corner for a winter whilst renting, and those two things were daily occurrances. Could have had a row a day if so inclined!
As for the enclosure, the villagetinker is never far off the mark.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:30 AM
Gold member

We have a small corner lot, at the entrance of our villa. It is perfect because little to maintain, the Villages takes care of the beautiful plantings and we get the perks plus the privacy. Husband mows the grass in 20 minutes. The back of our patio villa backs up to the preserve area so we enclosed the lanai with big glass windows and a mini split to be able to use the room year round, contractor was Custom Windows. No regrets. Value has definitely increased though actual amount I can't tell you.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:01 AM

Maybe check with a realtor you might know? Or call TV realty and just ask them...worst they could do is not answer you. You'll get a better answer asking the right people.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
We have a small corner lot, at the entrance of our villa. It is perfect because little to maintain, the Villages takes care of the beautiful plantings and we get the perks plus the privacy. Husband mows the grass in 20 minutes. The back of our patio villa backs up to the preserve area so we enclosed the lanai with big glass windows and a mini split to be able to use the room year round, contractor was Custom Windows. No regrets. Value has definitely increased though actual amount I can't tell you.
We live on a corner patio lot as well, and we have almost complete privacy from all the Villages plantings and there is also a large elevated berm along the side, and a privacy fence behind. We don’t have have much more to maintain than any patio villa because the villages maintains 1/2 of the side, but get to enjoy the beautiful plants and palm trees. We have not had our lawn dumped on by pets, no more I’m sure than anyone else, and as far as traffic it’s not really an issue, most of its view obstructed with TV plantings and ours, and traffic is very light ...we do have a large side mansard lanai that we enjoy. We have only been here a year, so do not expect any noticeable increase in Value...And BTW most of the new corner patio Villas have more upgrades than the rest. We have a large tilled walk in shower, the large mansard lanai, architecture upgrades on the exterior and had way more landscaping than others on the street..I don’t know why that is except they most likely want to improve the entrance appearance if possible to the villas. Good luck with yours.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

We have never been a fan of corner lots. If left to all grass, costly to mow and to maintain. If you decide to landscape, that side is usually the garage side of the house, which means you probably will never enjoy looking at your landscaping and justify the cost of the project and the maintenance. Just my opinion.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
We live on a corner patio lot as well, and we have almost complete privacy from all the Villages plantings and there is also a large elevated berm along the side, and a privacy fence behind. We don’t have have much more to maintain than any patio villa because the villages maintains 1/2 of the side, but get to enjoy the beautiful plants and palm trees. We have not had our lawn dumped on by pets, no more I’m sure than anyone else, and as far as traffic it’s not really an issue, most of its view obstructed with TV plantings and ours, and traffic is very light ...we do have a large side mansard lanai that we enjoy. We have only been here a year, so do not expect any noticeable increase in Value...And BTW most of the new corner patio Villas have more upgrades than the rest. We have a large tilled walk in shower, the large mansard lanai, architecture upgrades on the exterior and had way more landscaping than others on the street..I don’t know why that is except they most likely want to improve the entrance appearance if possible to the villas. Good luck with yours.
Agree. The corner lots are great. If you live in a neighborhood where people cut across your yard and dogs use your lawn like a previous poster said, then do something about it. Geeez
Old 01-07-2021, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Agree. The corner lots are great. If you live in a neighborhood where people cut across your yard and dogs use your lawn like a previous poster said, then do something about it. Geeez
Obviously you have not had the pleasure of trying to stop the entitled from doing their thing when you are renting?
Geez.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:04 AM

*♀️ we are waiting on construction of a structure over the existing cement patio. It will have large plexiglass windows that are removable if desired. Glass would be too heavy. I like the versatility of having it enclosed or screened. I think it will add to the value of our house but we are adding it for our own enjoyment which is what every homeowner should do. If you are hoping to flip, that’s another story.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think to a lot of people, a corner lot is a negative, especially for a patio villa. Too much grass to maintain, and more street traffic. The front yard is pretty much useless.
Just the opposite to me. With dogs I love corner lots. Cost to maintain isnt much different.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Personaly I would never live on a corner lot in any property.
Many times seen them treated as a local park for dogs to have a dump on, and as short cut for pedestrians to lazy to keep to path.
Lived on a corner for a winter whilst renting, and those two things were daily occurrances. Could have had a row a day if so inclined!
As for the enclosure, the villagetinker is never far off the mark.
I disagree again. Corner lots offer more room for your own dogs or a pool. We rented and did have the problem with neighbors wanting to use the yard. Guess if I owned that place I would have to sit out there in a lawnchair for week to break that habit. As for the comment someone else made about "usually the garage side" All the different plans sit on these lots so different, as an example the garages behind a Gardenia are opposite the garages added behind a Lantana, that comment is confusing to the unknowning buyer at best. Some lots and designs end up with wasted unviewed space from lania, others give more privacy from the front street and add usable space to expand the back lania or pool area. Corner lots also only have one neighbor, but can have several across the side so privacy can be better or worse.
Apples and orangutans.

Last edited by bakon; 01-07-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
You should not have to babysit your yard to stop people from letting dogs dump all over your yard. Geez.
Closed Thread

Tags
property, vary, estimates, idea, realize

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.