November Utility Charges from The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2020, 10:49 AM
Thumbs down November Utility Charges from The Villages

Has anyone else noticed the new charge on our utility bills for the Lady Lake area of The Villages. We now have a Sewer Useage charge in addition to the Sewer Base Charge.

In simple terms, all of the water you sprinkle on your lawn is now being included in your utility bill as though the water went into the sewer line for treatment.

I do not recall any announcement about this, but in my bill it is almost $30 additional for the month.

This is how we get slapped because we do not have a separate line for sprinklers. In fact we use drinking water, not because we want to but because the developer did not anticipate sprinklers in the early days. Now we will pay for it even though they do not process anything that goes on your lawn.

I am not suggesting that sewer is free. It never was! But the base charge could have been adjusted and recognize that not all of our water consumption should result in a sewer charge because it is not processed!

I believe there should have been due notice and an opportunity to consider alternatives. My two cents.
Closed Thread

Tags
sewer, charge, water, utility, bill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.