Now this is a miracle, Part 2

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Adding some positive news from here in Ohio. Received an offer this morning, been told to expect another one this afternoon.
Gracie:

I knew this would happen for you in a short time as one buyer was there for two hours. I hope you get full asking price and then some. Maybe a higher bid than asking price.

It couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Now, you start thinking about floor plans, etc for your new beautiful home.

Best Wishes.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Default Good Things Happen to Good People!!

Quote:
Adding some positive news from here in Ohio. Received an offer this morning, been told to expect another one this afternoon.
Hope it is a bidding war, Gracie!! We want you in TV as soon as possible!! We cannot wait to get there ourselves in 2013. Hope we have such luck in selling our home in Texas!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
But what about the house????

Bill
The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBear View Post
Hope it is a bidding war, Gracie!! We want you in TV as soon as possible!!
OMG, I just realized that if Gracie has a bidding war going on, she might get anti-war protesters picketing her house... and that wouldn't be good for closing a deal!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Platinum member
Default Dear Gracie

Quote:
See? That's why I said, 'keep your toe shoes polished'.... !!
deb
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
For those of you who have read part one, just scroll down to the bottom:

Part 1: We were at the realtor's office this morning signing papers for the house to be a rental when in walks our listing agent and says "Ahem, I know you took the house off the market, but I have a young couple who have horses and need a four bedroom and are interested in your house AND HAVE CASH and asked if you might consider putting it back up." I told her that the house looks like a bomb went off..boxes everywhere and piles of give away things to various charities on the floor and things are generally chaos. She said, they know you are moving and still are very anxious to see the place. I said, OK...but prisitine and neat and shiny it is NOT. I don't have the time or energy to do much neatening! Cross some fingers!!!! PS:they are coming within the hour to look!!! UPDATE: They came and looked around the property and acreage and outbuildings for a long while and then just strolled through the house. I tell you, horse people want good land for the horses and the house is secondary. They seemed to like everything, so who knows? Hoping for good news!

PART 2:__________________

We got a full price offer, all cash, 90 minutes after they were here. WOW...realtor said she thought it was legit and that they were bringing in the ernest check on Thursday. Once that is in hand, I will maybe start believing this really happened. If not, we already have a renter lined up, so either way, we are OK.
What a story! Congrats!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Default Told ya, Soon....very soon!

Quote:
What great news for you Gracie, and ladydoc what a story! Congratulations to you both!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Congrats, Gracie! Isn't it ironic that you were hoping for just one offer and you end up with two in the same day?? Great for you!

The real estate gods must be looking over those of us in TV trying to sell property in this very difficult market....Lets hope he/she continues.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 06-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Gold member

What great news ladydoc and Gracie. Hope all works out and your on your way to The Villages soon.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
But what about the house????

Seriously, congrats on getting something(s) put on the table for you to consider so quickly. And to have TWO offers to mull over!!!! GOOD FOR YOU, GRACIE!!

Bill
Bill:

Funny! You are a hoot.

Gracie:

Are your bags packed to go to TV?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Default Happy days are here

Quote:
Let me be one of the 1st to congratulate you. I knew it was coming! Hope ours is on the way too!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Congratulations on such great news, Ladydoc and Gracie! Hope this is a start of good news like this for the others who are awaiting sales.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Gold member

Thanks for all the cheers and best wishes. The buyers came by today and asked if they could show the house to a relative. We said yes and they were so excited. Makes me feel more hopeful this will really happen. I just hope I don't have to write tomorrow that the money was a no show. Still have aways to go before I start breathing again.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
For those of you who have read part one, just scroll down to the bottom:

Part 1: We were at the realtor's office this morning signing papers for the house to be a rental when in walks our listing agent and says "Ahem, I know you took the house off the market, but I have a young couple who have horses and need a four bedroom and are interested in your house AND HAVE CASH and asked if you might consider putting it back up." I told her that the house looks like a bomb went off..boxes everywhere and piles of give away things to various charities on the floor and things are generally chaos. She said, they know you are moving and still are very anxious to see the place. I said, OK...but prisitine and neat and shiny it is NOT. I don't have the time or energy to do much neatening! Cross some fingers!!!! PS:they are coming within the hour to look!!! UPDATE: They came and looked around the property and acreage and outbuildings for a long while and then just strolled through the house. I tell you, horse people want good land for the horses and the house is secondary. They seemed to like everything, so who knows? Hoping for good news!

PART 2:__________________

We got a full price offer, all cash, 90 minutes after they were here. WOW...realtor said she thought it was legit and that they were bringing in the ernest check on Thursday. Once that is in hand, I will maybe start believing this really happened. If not, we already have a renter lined up, so either way, we are OK.
Luck be a Lady(doc) tonight! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news-- in real time. I'm overjoyed for you on the 11th hour offer. That's awesome.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven I'm so excited.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.