NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Default NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!

We have just returned from our preview trip to TV and it turned out to be better than we could have ever believed possible. We went down to Florida with high expectations but still cautious that nothing could be as terrific advertised. Well, it was terrific and we had no reason to be cautious. Our problem of course is that now we have to sell our house and have to get our price if we want to buy the house we want in TV. Before our trip we felt that if the house didn't sell, we would just stay here and it would be fine. But now.....no way. We have to sell and become Villagers as soon as we can.

I am going to bury a squadron of St. Joseph's in the garden and think positive thoughts. And plan for the move. We like the Fort Sumter Landing area so will look for our new home in that general area. And I know exactly what I want in a golf car and even plan on learning to play golf. Something I swore I would never do. Its going to be a whole new life, and I can't wait for it to begin. We are so excited!
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to rballruss Send a message via Yahoo to rballruss
Default Re: NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!

And you have every reason to be excited. If you thought visiting was great, just wait til you actually "live" this lifestyle. We'll be looking for you on the course and at the square!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Platinum member

A squadron of St Joeys huh! That's cool. I've told everyone that I've buried Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, a 1961 Ford Falcon, and a picture of a former boss with a bullet hole thru it. Still nothing. We too are in the same predicament and have been there also. House is on the market (8 weeks - I think) Good luck.

Steve
Old 08-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Hey Steve and Ouma!!

Ouma, read my Post titled "Burying St Joseph) It says it all. It's going to be so hard to wait but it will be worth it I know. We waited 2 years before we put the house up and if every thing goes as planned, we will be closing on the 30th of August and will be there in Sept. God and St Joseph willing!!!!

Steve..don't know if this will help but you really are in my prayers! Keep me in yours until the 30th!!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

That's really nice of you. I just hope & pray that we're all healthy enough to enjoy ourselves once we get there.

Steve
Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Steve, of course we will be healthy and happy!

Don't forget, if we get there before you we will hold off on the party in the Square until you can get there!!!!

Save you a adult beverage :beer2: :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

Learning to play golf huh? I've got bad news. There is no cure for the addiction. Good luck.....all will work out for you.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-14-2007, 06:18 AM

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts. We just can't wait. Addiction........golf.........sounds great to me! I spend half my life pouring over the TV website and other half on the TOTV. Talk about addictions. Could golf really be worse than that?
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Steve..Ouma..
Prayers...Novena...Prayers...Novena...You are both in my prayers!! :bigthumbsup:

St.Joe is the BEST, He listens, believe me..I did it too...

Fingers crossed...
~Donna

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2007, 06:40 PM

I love all this encouragement......thanks for the prayers and Novenas Donna. We can use all the help we can get. I am just concerned that with the state of the mjavascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);arket right now that it might be ages before we can sell, and also get what we need in order to buy in TV. But all you guys are the best and I am sure that with all the good thoughts and prayers coming our way we will win this battle and be down there before long.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:41 PM

We are coming down this month for our fourth visit and I keep hoping we'll hit the lottery here in NJ so we can own two homes and not have to worry about selling. I'll keep playing and praying for a miracle, and once again looking for the right house in TV on our next trip. We are crazy about this place.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Oh my goodness, I have no idea what happened in my last post. Well actually I do, I tried to put some emoticons in and highlight a couple of words and the result was the garbled mess you see above. Teach me to try and be fancy. But in case you thought that the "banned poster" was back, he's not....it's just me.....
Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 PM

scottke
Where in NJ.
I'm in Edison right now.
Own a house in the village of Duval.
We'll be back in Oct.
Joe
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Veteran member

A lot of people don't really consider the cost of Learning to play golf in their budget when they come to TV. ;D This is something to consider. Another thing is to budget for is golf balls. I lost 3 on 2 hole of an executive course last time I played! Actually - I don't think we have enough money to learn to play the game! I never ever loose a tennis ball. Come to think of it, Maybe that's the solution - TV needs higher fences on the golf courses for all us wan-a-be golfers.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 PM

dadspet-- No problemo I loose so many balls that my husband bought a bunch more for me to loose. I'll share some with you. Remember, a lot of golfers can play with Titlest, Nike's, and Callaway's but I have RANGEBALLS!!!!!!!!! (I'll share!!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.