Observations

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Veteran member
Default Observations

These are some observations that I don't let bother me anymore since my new philosophy is don't worry about things just move on. Last night at Lake Sumter,Yesterdaze's opening set was thirty-five minutes.Compare that to Rocky and the Rollers whose first set is always ninety minutes.A guy roped off eight chairs and sat in the ninth chair.This was at 5:00.At 7:00 the other eight came and sat down.If this was snow bird season eight people would be deprived of a seat for two hours due to the roping off of seats.In today's Daily Sun in the sports section one article mentioned the Pirates playing the Phillies.I said to myself,the Pirates played the Marlins.Then I realized that this was referring to two local softball teams.Yes those pages that cover the local teams that probably ninety percent of readers don't care about.I know the players and their family and friends care about these articles but as Bogie Shooter says "just don't read them." I don't.I know that probably sounds like a rant but it's not.Like I said just an observation.

Last edited by gatherer47; 07-21-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 07-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

I disagree with you on the newspaper issue....I for one really enjoy reading about people I know and play sports with....besides the info about pro teams is bad and usually day old news....much better to go on line to ESPN
Old 07-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Sage

Gatherer... I was down there last night, too...from 5-6:15.

Saw the roped off chairs...argh...yeah, there were still empty chairs to be had but these were placed in a choice shady spot. Very inconsiderate. Thought about taking a picture and posting it here to shame them.

In the band's defense, there was a problem with the audio system that forced about a 10 minute break around 5:35. Once fixed, they resumed but then took their regular hourly break at 6:00. No biggie...very good band and it was hot..I'm sure the performers were roasting.

As you said, just observations....
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Take a look at the entertainment section for Saturday. It lists 'Yesterdayze' at LSL for tonight. I know they played Friday night, but we were too tired to go. I thought, great they are there for two nights in a row. We weren't going to go since I played softball Saturday morning and Tamarind Grove knocked off the undefeated 10-0 Belvedere and then we had a few brew at the coach's house, but I try to see Yesterdayze and Uncle Bob's whenever we can, so we went. However Yesterdayze was not there, instead we were treated to a girl and guy duo 'Dream Journey' or something like that, but they didn't do any Journey.

The girl could sing but her partner played a handheld keyboard and must of done five instrumental keyboard songs during the two sets we watched and would get the crowd going when she did disco but continue to do too many standards or instrumentals. At intermission I asked her if they did Lady Antebellum 'I need you Now', and she said no. So I don't plan to see them again, but we hadn't been to the square in 3 weeks so it was worth a trip but I definitely would of preferred Yesterdayze and don't appreciate The Sun posting the wrong info.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Take a look at the entertainment section for Saturday. It lists 'Yesterdayze' at LSL for tonight. I know they played Friday night, but we were too tired to go. I thought, great they are there for two nights in a row. We weren't going to go since I played softball Saturday morning and Tamarind Grove knocked off the undefeated 10-0 Belvedere and then we had a few brew at the coach's house, but I try to see Yesterdayze and Uncle Bob's whenever we can, so we went. However Yesterdayze was not there, instead we were treated to a girl and guy duo 'Dream Journey' or something like that, but they didn't do any Journey.

The girl could sing but her partner played a handheld keyboard and must of done five instrumental keyboard songs during the two sets we watched and would get the crowd going when she did disco but continue to do too many standards or instrumentals. At intermission I asked her if they did Lady Antebellum 'I need you Now', and she said no. So I don't plan to see them again, but we hadn't been to the square in 3 weeks so it was worth a trip but I definitely would of preferred Yesterdayze and don't appreciate The Sun posting the wrong info.
We were at the square for Yesterdayze Friday too. They are playing next on July 30th in Spanish Springs.

I'll be there too...
Old 07-21-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We weren't going to go since I played softball Saturday morning and Tamarind Grove knocked off the undefeated 10-0 Belvedere and then we had a few brew at the coach's house.
A well deserved brew....good to hear that mighty Belvedere fell....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.