Oddball off-brand golf carts/trucks, etc

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2021, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

Sore butt limits my travel time ,carts do not ride smoothly.I can do 20 miles max
Old 04-15-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
And keep a small bottle of Grand Marnier with your tow strap to give to the person with the gas cart that tows you home : )
The days of the dominance of the gas automobiles and gas golf carts are numbered
Old 04-15-2021, 06:51 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter123 View Post
The days of the dominance of the gas automobiles and gas golf carts are numbered
They could quicken the end if they brought back the electric vehicle tax credit that included electric golf carts... But, we'll see.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Stay away from electric. Just stick with a Yamaha gas. An electric cart in The Villages makes no sense.
I totally disagree. I bought a used EZGO electric cart seven years ago and love it. It is quiet, no exhaust smell, and has about 30+ mile range: plenty to get me thru 18 holes with charge to spare. I just bought the EZGO Elite with a lithium battery which is rated at 60+ mile range. The battery is warranted for eight years and requires no maintenance, including no problems leaving the cart for six months as a Snowbird…
I live in Amelia, played 18 holes at Palmer, forgot to plug in the cart, and played 18 holes the next day at Glenview and still had a quarter of the meters charge in the battery when I got home.
I love that I don’t have to go to the gas station and have virtually no maintenance that is needed w/gas carts. I bought the Elite w/the lithium battery so I can get to the new Southern Oaks courses when they are finished. The convenience, comfort and pleasure of driving an electric cart makes it far better than a gas cart. I wish the villages would go all electric!!!
The new battery technology also gets rid of the fear of fires that old lithium batteries were known for.

Please consider all the advantages of this new EZGO cart before buying a gas cart. You will be very happy and The Villages will be a quieter place as well without the exhaust & noise pollution!!!
Old 04-15-2021, 08:03 AM

Two words......YAMAHA.....GAS!!!
Old 04-15-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
My opinion. You will need service AND PARTS. Off brand means no or very limited parts available and few or no people familiar with proper repair.
Excellent advise. In my opinion you should buy local. Why buy a cart that you can't get good reliable quick service on? I have 3 Yamaha gas carts. Always in and out quickly for service at all The Villages Golf Cart stores. They have the trained techs, parts and convenience. It is really a no brainer.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Veteran member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
The first “accessory” any new electric cart owner should buy is a TOW STRAP !!!!
I agree for $5 you can tow the gas carts that run out of gas on their 50 + mile adventure. And the best part is you'll be in front of them so you won't have to suck in any of their fumes or listen to any backfire.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgsJr View Post
I totally disagree. I bought a used EZGO electric cart seven years ago and love it. It is quiet, no exhaust smell, and has about 30+ mile range: plenty to get me thru 18 holes with charge to spare. I just bought the EZGO Elite with a lithium battery which is rated at 60+ mile range. The battery is warranted for eight years and requires no maintenance, including no problems leaving the cart for six months as a Snowbird…
I live in Amelia, played 18 holes at Palmer, forgot to plug in the cart, and played 18 holes the next day at Glenview and still had a quarter of the meters charge in the battery when I got home.
I love that I don’t have to go to the gas station and have virtually no maintenance that is needed w/gas carts. I bought the Elite w/the lithium battery so I can get to the new Southern Oaks courses when they are finished. The convenience, comfort and pleasure of driving an electric cart makes it far better than a gas cart. I wish the villages would go all electric!!!
The new battery technology also gets rid of the fear of fires that old lithium batteries were known for.

Please consider all the advantages of this new EZGO cart before buying a gas cart. You will be very happy and The Villages will be a quieter place as well without the exhaust & noise pollution!!!
I think this is a great idea we should all join together for a march on The Villages to Protest Gas Carts and the Pollution, fumes and noise they add to our community. But please this will be a peaceful protest we don't want to disturb the dancers in the Squares and we should wait until its too dark for golf or Pickle Ball and especially happy hour is over.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
My opinion. You will need service AND PARTS. Off brand means no or very limited parts available and few or no people familiar with proper repair.
This is right on the mark. I bought a Chinese made motor scooter in 2008. It was a clone of a Yamaha YP-250 from 1995. Parts compatible. Nice workmanship. Problem is the Chinese go cheap on things like fasteners. Every screw and bolt was brass. Tighten them when they loosen, and they break. Vacuum hoses and fuel lines were substandard, deteriorating and leaking prematurely. Starter/generator were not strong enough, and wore out prematurely. Battery was too small. It was a Japanese design, an obsolete one, so I could find parts, but because of Chinese manufacture I needed to buy too many. Also no one would service it. Competent mechanics would not touch it with a ten foot pole.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
Two words......YAMAHA.....GAS!!!
Borrowed time my friend.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:09 PM
Veteran member

I would guess that all the gas cart folks that are obsessed with range have never driven over 10 miles in a typical day. So, what's the point?
Old 04-18-2021, 03:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

There's a lot of people doing a lot of guessing. The fact is the majority of the carts in TV are gas. No doubting that.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, bit, off-brand, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.