Okay, It's our turn now - WE NEED YOUR HELP !!!

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Talking Okay, It's our turn now - WE NEED YOUR HELP !!! Update - It's Happening!!!

READ POST # 26, PAGE 3

Our turn for the ride to begin and we need your HELP !!!

The House is painted inside and out, downsized to 7 pieces of furniture. What has not been given to the kids and friends, sold at yard sales or thrown away was moved to our house in the Village of Pennecamp. St Joseph statue is buried and signs listing realtor are in the yard, so it's officially "FOR SALE." We can't wait to become frogs.

Each time we come for a week or two visit, it gets harder to leave. We are looking forward to not having to leave anymore.

So, we need your help, prayers and anything else you can call upon to get this house sold. The housing market in the Atlanta area is really depressing and it's our hope we can get out of here quickly. WOW, it's been a long year getting ready for this day.

Last edited by TommyT; 03-22-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

The House is painted inside and out, downsized to 7 pieces of furniture. What has not been given to the kids and friends, sold at yard sales or thrown away was moved to our house in the Village of Pennecamp. St Joseph statue is buried and signs listing realtor are in the yard, so it's officially "FOR SALE." We can't wait to become frogs.

Each time we come for a week or two visit, it gets harder to leave. We are looking forward to not having to leave anymore.

So, we need your help, prayers and anything else you can call upon to get this house sold. The housing market in the Atlanta area is really depressing and it's our hope we can get out of here quickly. WOW, it's been a long year getting ready for this day.

Thoughts and prayers are with you! Good luck.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Gold member

Ok I totally understand. Helped my friends move in this mkt. too. Have you offered the realtor an add. $2000. to the realtor who sells your home? That brings many showings cause the realtor wants the popssible extra $$$$.

Front yard, porch, squeeky front door by chance? Check everything. Has the entrance been powerwashed? oh well just trying to help. Good Luck and let St. Joseph do His job. All is done in His time and not ours.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Gold member
Default Price

Price it as low as you can go and don't budge from that.

We had TV relocation program help move our home for us. Was worth the money and less stress

Best of luck to you now in this Holiday Season and in your future move to TV
Old 12-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone.
We'll just be glad to break even with this market.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:09 AM

Have you considered renting your house? We moved from the Atlanta area earlier this year, and because of the depressed market could not sell our home. We listed with a property manager and the first person that saw our house signed a lease - the rent well covers our mortgage.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Gold member

Good luck TommyT!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Good Luck. Hugs. Fingers and toes crossed...and I don't do that for just anybody. It makes me walk funny.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

I can tell you this, Prayers work. I buried my St. Joseph's statue and said the Prayer with it every morning. Three days after I wrote the 20% down check and committed myself to build the offer came and I close the end of this month.

If you walk the right path the way will be shown to you always. It will happen and now you're in my Prayers as well. After you close dig up the statue and bring it with you for the new house.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Price it as low as you can go ........
This seems to be the common thread in today's real estate market. If the house is priced according to what the market will bear, it WILL sell. Will you "break even" as you're hoping? That would be great! But if you have to take less, it'll be worth it in the long run - you'll get to TV sooner and the anxiety of selling your home will quickly be forgotten.

Best wishes for you, Tommy!

Bill
Old 12-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Platinum member

Whenever you think about your "for sale" home, put a big smile on your face, imagine a big SOLD sign out front and get exited! Practice your "happy dance", even if it seems silly! Send those good vibes of Thank You! out into the universe.
Can't hurt a bit... you'll feel wonderful.. and clear the way to allow what you desire to come to you.

That, couples with all of our hopeful wishes, just has to work!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Sage

Sending positive thoughts your way! While I haven't sold a home (yet) the "as low as you can go" idea seems to be working for the people on this site. Most are even talking about bidding wars pushing the price up!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Gold member

Congrats! We also wound up renting our house. The renter is a border patrol agent and he signed a two year lease and the monthly rent covers the mortage, house and car insurance and most utilities. If it gets too stressful call a good property manager and rent the thing. It will always be available for sale later when the market picks up (which will not be for quite awhile, I know....). Don't stress over it....as Pturner asked me " do you own your house or does your house own you?" We deceided we owned it.....
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
This seems to be the common thread in today's real estate market. If the house is priced according to what the market will bear, it WILL sell. Will you "break even" as you're hoping? That would be great! But if you have to take less, it'll be worth it in the long run - you'll get to TV sooner and the anxiety of selling your home will quickly be forgotten.

Best wishes for you, Tommy!

Bill
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Platinum member
Default Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
I can tell you this, Prayers work. I buried my St. Joseph's statue and said the Prayer with it every morning. Three days after I wrote the 20% down check and committed myself to build the offer came and I close the end of this month.

If you walk the right path the way will be shown to you always. It will happen and now you're in my Prayers as well. After you close dig up the statue and bring it with you for the new house.
I wholeheartedly agree! If you do right by people, they will do right by you. How exciting! Please keep us posted!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.