The Old-Time Milkman...

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
While they don't home deliver, there is a wonderful dairy in Trucksville, PA which is just outside of Wilkes-Barre. Hillside Farms is an old dairy farm which uses the cows from it's herd as well as from a few other local herds to make their own milk, cream & ice cream. The milk is put up in glass bottles, and the prices are very reasonable when compared to mass-market dairies in the area. I used to go there every week when we lived in PA to pick up fresh milk. I know there are also a couple more down in the Amish country below Allentown, but the names don't come to me now.

When we lived in Maryland we had delivery from a farm called South Mountain Creamery which was located west of the Baltimore area. Same story..local farmer putting up milk, cream & ice cream with his own herd. They also offered fresh eggs from their own chickens and a variety of other items as well. You ordered each week on-line prior to your delivery date & then your milk would come on the chosen date. We loved them.

Wish there was something like that down here, but so far I haven't found anything like it.
I agree there's nothing like it. When my friends and I went to the Amish country, we would stop at a diner and my friend used to remark the eggs and food in general tasted better as it was fresh from the farm. If you ever find an internet service or place where we could order these type of products, it would be much apprecaited.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I agree there's nothing like it. When my friends and I went to the Amish country, we would stop at a diner and my friend used to remark the eggs and food in general tasted better as it was fresh from the farm. If you ever find an internet service or place where we could order these type of products, it would be much apprecaited.

Sarasota Florida has a large population of Amish folks......

Amish Fresh Market | Yoders Amish Village
Amish Fresh Market / Yoders Amish Village in Sarasota, Florida (Gulf Coast)

Sarasota Amish Tradition | Yoder's Restaurant - Homestyle Amish Food
Homestyle Amish Food.........nice looking pies
May not be the one we all love in Pennsylania Amish Countryside but for those in Florida, it's not that far to Sarasota.........
Check out the menu. I tried to send the PDF file, but could not.
Deli, soups, etc.

https://www.lehmans.com/c-86-pantry.aspx?pagesize=100
Some grocery items from Lehman’s in Pennsylvania Dutch countryside....

We have All things handmade and freshly prepared by the Amish at Amish Country Store online
This Amish Country Store just happens to be in Branson Missouri
All things handmade and freshly prepared by the Amish at the Amish Country Store online.......

Pennsylvania Dutch Foods from Lancaster County, PA
Pennsylvania Dutch Foods Directory, Lancaster County, Pennsylania

Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Yoder's in Sarasota was prominently featured on the Travel Channel's "Man v. Food".

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.