One vacuum cleaner home

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question One vacuum cleaner home

We have a canister, an upright and an electric broom, all brand names and fairly expensive. Problem is each one has a specific purpose, but not one does it all. Our floors are carpet and linoleum. Does anyone have a one vacuum home and please share what vacuum. Thanks and Happy Easter.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Sage

We have all tile & hardwood--a Miele broom does it all--our cleaning person loves it--We also use a small handheld for furniture.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Oreck

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 04-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Since 1986 we have had central vac and its the cat's pajamas
Old 04-05-2015, 01:38 PM

We also use an Oreck upright
Old 04-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,017 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
We have a canister, an upright and an electric broom, all brand names and fairly expensive. Problem is each one has a specific purpose, but not one does it all. Our floors are carpet and linoleum. Does anyone have a one vacuum home and please share what vacuum. Thanks and Happy Easter.
A Shark at TV home and a Dyson at the KC home. Both are great for all kinds of floors.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Gold member

Central vacuum system. In the house and garage. Divine system.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:35 PM

We have laminate and tile and I use a dyson cordless works great has attachments for all the needs I have does a great job .I charge it after each use so its ready to go .With the dog I vacuum daily
Old 04-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

Upright with lift away canister. Bagless. Good for carpets, tile and car. Attachments for furniture , drapes.

My wife loves it because since we moved here my job is the floors. I have offered to show her how good it works and she claims that she can see that and she does not need to know how .

Really is a sucker. Or maybe I am.

Highly recommended by consumer reports. Rated as good as Oreck but at far less cost.

Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 vacuum cleaner
CU Recommended
Upright Vacuum Cleaners Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 Shark-0
Price range:
$212.99 - $369.99

Summary: This 17-pound upright from Shark is bagless and has suction control, HEPA filtration, a brush on/off switch, and a 30-foot manual-wind cord.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Upright with lift away canister. Bagless. Good for carpets, tile and car. Attachments for furniture , drapes.

My wife loves it because since we moved here my job is the floors. I have offered to show her how good it works and she claims that she can see that and she does not need to know how .

Really is a sucker. Or maybe I am.

Highly recommended by consumer reports. Rated as good as Oreck but at far less cost.

Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 vacuum cleaner
CU Recommended
Upright Vacuum Cleaners Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 Shark-0
Price range:
$212.99 - $369.99

Summary: This 17-pound upright from Shark is bagless and has suction control, HEPA filtration, a brush on/off switch, and a 30-foot manual-wind cord.
This sounds like a winner and available at SAMs club. Will you teach my husband how to use it? Your Wife and I can drink martinis at Evans Prairie during the class.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Dyson.....best there is.....
Old 04-06-2015, 06:35 PM

iRobot is the best -- "Jeeves" vacuums while we are out and then he goes back to his "home" for re-charging. He adjusts to tile and carpet (or wood if we had it) and one day he even visited the lanai when we forgot the barrier (actually he did a great job on concrete too). Considering buying his brother who washes floors....just waiting to find him on sale.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:53 AM
deestatham

Can you have central vac installed if the home you buy doesn't have it? I've had central vac for 34 years here in Maryland and love it. Also have a Dyson but its not the best for hardwood floors and I always go back to my central vac.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,657 Times in 1,593 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have all kinds of swiffers and we have a Dyson and little hand held sweepers and a bunch of things to clean the floors. They get very dirty here. There is a LOT of dirt in the air. A LOT.

Keep them ALL.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:13 AM
deestatham

I just love Graciegirl. Always get good responses and advice. Hope to actually meet you when we get there in September.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.