One-Way Truck Rental

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
I had a U-Haul dealership for years in Ohio and true a reservation for a local move will get bumped if a One-Way needs the truck. We sadly had to explain to irate customers why their local reservation could not be honored, bad business practice. U-Haul was just a sideline to our regular auto sales/ rental business.
We got bumped for a one way 1000mi move.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I moved from Ohio to Florida, then from Florida to Texas same distance & it also was cheaper than what they were asking. But we’re in new times now. But I can’t compare when I move to todays price. Rentals are up & private movers, also gas prices are out of site. Can you amagine if Uhaul or private movers had EV’s how long & expensive it would be then. But I agree we can’t compare 10 to 15 yrs. ago to now!
Old 06-24-2022, 10:20 AM

2022 0624 Friday @ 11:19
Options for the move include:
+ Penske
+ Enterprise
+ U-Haul (trucks & trailers; U-Box)
+ Pod
+ "Professional" movers (quotes are free, but many ask [over the phone] for a list of what will be taken and pictures)

Presently looking at MD to FL,TV with U-Haul at these prices:
1. 10' truck = $2,377
2. 15' truck = $2,502
3. 20' truck = $3,253
4. 16' truck = $4,003
These rental rates assume taking delivery of the truck on Tuesday, June 28th.

A POD may be the better way for me to go. The truck rental assumes an lodging (one night), fuel, and food. It also assumes that your belongings will be safe in the hotel parking lot overnight.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:45 AM

We just paid $1500 for a 15ft NJ to TV. Your quote seems high for an inside FL move. Since all the UHaul trucks are going to Fl and not going north.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:48 PM

Just did a POD from Chicago / Why would anyone want to rent a truck when the POD or UBOX take away all the negatives / gas , breakdowns, and travel /

Old school vs New
Old 06-24-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONS999 View Post
Just did a POD from Chicago / Why would anyone want to rent a truck when the POD or UBOX take away all the negatives / gas , breakdowns, and travel /

Old school vs New
Because when I arrive at me new location, all my stuff is here with me and not weeks away from delivery?
Old 06-24-2022, 04:18 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
Because when I arrive at me new location, all my stuff is here with me and not weeks away from delivery?
When we moved down here we loaded our first POD and it was delivered as promised the day after we arrived, we used a second POD the following month and it arrived also as promised, and the third trip was going to a storage locker we rented this time we used U-pack as we had a lot of stuff and when he left our home in Ohio they told me the trailer would be there at 9:00 AM on the prearranged day and it was there before 9:00. A month later another U-pack this time delivered to our home, 2 days before Irma and it was there just as scheduled. I haven't heard any stories about late POD or U-pack deliveries and mine sure were not.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
When we moved down here we loaded our first POD and it was delivered as promised the day after we arrived, we used a second POD the following month and it arrived also as promised, and the third trip was going to a storage locker we rented this time we used U-pack as we had a lot of stuff and when he left our home in Ohio they told me the trailer would be there at 9:00 AM on the prearranged day and it was there before 9:00. A month later another U-pack this time delivered to our home, 2 days before Irma and it was there just as scheduled. I haven't heard any stories about late POD or U-pack deliveries and mine sure were not.
I looked into it when we were getting ready to move here. They would not provide a delivery date, just a window of dates about 3 weeks wide.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Years ago I did a one way U-haul truck rental (from PA to FL) with a car trailer for a lot less than what you were quoted. I would check again with U-haul.
We did a 16’ Uhaul one year ago using their car dollie to pull one of our vehicles. One way, two-day trio from Ohio, day 3 spent unloading (it WAS full) and returned to company in Leesburg the 4th day for $1,650. Was such a whirlwind trip.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
What is the cost for a pod if you don't mind sharing? Sounds like the best solution.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:03 PM
Default UHaul cost is nuts

I just rented a one-way from here to NC. Cost was $450. Shop around or better yet go visit the actual offices to get their best price. Seems like you're getting ripped off
Old 06-25-2022, 03:00 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
What is the cost for a pod if you don't mind sharing? Sounds like the best solution.
I don't know as it's based on distance and POD size.
Closed Thread

Tags
truck, one-way, option, cost, rental

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.