One Year Warranty is comming up - Home Inspector

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default One Year Warranty is comming up - Home Inspector

Our one year warranty is comming up in September adn I was wondering if someone can explain how this works. DO I call the warranty office and arrange a "one-year" walk through. Did anyone get a Home Inspector to prepare a list for them to present to the builder...was that worth it?? If you did get a Home Inspector what kinds of things do they find?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Sage
Default Re: One Year Warranty is comming up - Home Inspector

HOW does not do a walk through. It's up to you to report to them any defects that need repair. If anything major comes up during the year, contact them immediately. They are extremely responsive.

So, you do your own punchlist or you can hire an inspector to do it for you....recommend you do this a month prior to your anniversary date. I just had this done, as did several of my neighbors. I had a couple of moderate items and a few smaller things. My neighbors had some more major stuff....a good inspector will climb up on the roof and go into the attic. My inspector has a 12 page checklist/report. He is known to the Villages HOW dept, so, they pretty much accept what he reports as necessary for repair.

If you're not well-versed in construction techniques, I would recommend the inspector route. Cost was approx $200.

Good luck.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Sage

ps - much of what he finds has to do with the roof and all the stuff attached to the roof, insulation, windows, cracks in drywall, etc.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 PM

Even if you know construction a inspector always gives more credibility to your case.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.