Open House Agents at Fenny

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It is rude to answer phone calls from someone who has not bothered to come in while someone there awaits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I agree too. To clarify once more, I was talking about someone who WAS there - a potential buyer wanting a question answered, not someone just randomly calling in.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I agree that some car dealerships have salesmen who are far too aggressive, and I, too, find that objectionable.

However, a laissez-faire attitude has no place in business as it indicates an attitude of indifference.

I question why so many posters feel the OP is not telling the story as it was, particularly when others who were looking at the houses, walked away with the same feeling???
Every person is different in what they want from a salesperson. Some want them to "sell" them, where I have a basic distrust of anyone trying to "sell" me anything. I like to do my own research and fact finding from people other than those who will benefit monetarily.

It is my opinion that the Real Estate industry can be cut throat. The Villages Sales Agents do not have to enlarge anything or misrepresent anything or push anything. They need to be available when needed because thousands of people want to live here already. I love how most of The Villages Sales agents are. We bought twice using Villages Sales agent Jim McLaughlin and he and his wife have become our personal friends. He is ethical and responsible and not pushy. I believe that is true of most Villages Sales Agents. I suspect that they are directed to be "Laissez-faire".
Old 02-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I want to look at the house by myself. If I have a question I ask. Don’t need the hand holding, I know the bond and taxes. After all there is a sheet with all the info, on the counter.

Other than that many go to open houses for decorating ideas. Not that a different house is In their future.

Our third house was a stop in an open house not looking to buy. Sales person was speaking to another couple. We called our guy, he made the offer. Done deal
Old 02-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They don't POUNCE. And I like that. They don't have to fall all over you to get sales. I have always thought that they are instructed not to be aggressive.

I like the attitude of "Laissez-faire". I very much dislike realtors that hound you.

I completely agree. They are there when you want them to be there.

Tags
fenny, open, respond, annoyed, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.