An Open Letter To The Villages Development Corporation and The Villages Air Gun Club

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,367 Times in 609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Who's the owner ?
Lake County Connect

You can find all the owners here with a little work.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
The area in question is about 100 acres. I believe it is zoned as vacant residential. It is presently farmed for hay. It is platted into about 160 parcels most of which are less than half an acre. About 25% of the parcels are owned by private individuals who rumor says are OK with folks enjoying the natural area for hiking and dog walking. Duke energy own a large swath over which they run high tension power lines and support several towers. The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc. owns most of the rest of the land parcels. The land adjacent to the Rio Grand postal center, air rifle range, and the croquet/bowling lawn are owned and controlled by The Villages. I do not believe it is a environmentally protected area although there is a variety of wildlife living there. There are also several footpaths through the land that most people stay on. I've never seen anyone tease, abuse, or otherwise annoy any of the wildlife in this area.

EVERYONE, please read this! It is a concise and accurate description of the property.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Who's the owner?
Please carefully read post #27. There are many owners of small parcels, even though it appears to be one parcel.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Sage
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
There is no technically trespassing..Either you are or your not
No grey area......

The plot had been hot topic in pass I think the problem is That area has several property owners, from undeveloped trailer park what I read, that’s why it never was developed into row housing. You can’t pin down one owner who In charge of the whole area. Maybe the developers own most of it but not lots they sold years ago.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:37 PM

Read post #27
Old 03-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,967 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonGee View Post
The owner of the property is nice enough to welcome the villagers and understands the pleasure we dog owners enjoy on his/her property.
What makes you think the owner welcomes people to trespass on their property? What gives you the right to enter another person's property without permission? I guess it would be OK for someone to walk their dog in your yard using your rationalization for your actions.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
What makes you think the owner welcomes people to trespass on their property? What gives you the right to enter another person's property without permission? I guess it would be OK for someone to walk their dog in your yard using your rationalization for your actions.
They like dogs, and people too.
Closed Thread

Tags
vdc, vacg, field, villages, gun

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.