"OPEN PIT FIRES"

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Default Re: "OPEN PIT FIRES"

I vote NO, on yard fires with wood in any kind of container. I don't object to the flame as much as the smell and smoke you are sending to your neighbors. If you want to camp out go to a camp ground.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwebb
I vote NO, on yard fires with wood in any kind of container. I don't object to the flame as much as the smell and smoke you are sending to your neighbors. If you want to camp out go to a camp ground.
I'd love to be able to have a small fire in an above ground "fireplace". We come from a rural area, it is part of the lifestyle here and nothing smells better to me that wood smoke. (But then I also love horse barns, so what do I know). However, having read the above comment about neighbours objecting to smoke, DWebb has a point.
I think most of the rules in TV are there to protect all the residents. (Except the ones put in place to benefit the developer financially)!!

At times it may be a little "Vanilla", but the first thing I noticed about TV neighbourhoods was the cleanliness and peacefulness. Darby .. cute comment about wind spinners and the cement bunny with all the little ones - I'm with you on that!!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Platinum member

We have an RV and when we go out camping most state parks and private campsites do not allow fires when it is dry do to the possibility of fires.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Hey Kar Guy..Didn't think about the smokey smell...They sure make a point!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM

I come from a Southern upbringing and love the smell of a fire pit as well, but not everyone was as lucky as us and may complain about the smell...not mention some people panic about everything and may not see the pit, just the fire and you'll get to meet the firefighters!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM

We have fires with just lightning.And golf carts being recharged.
Remember that house on the south end that burned to the ground on Christmas Eve 2 years ago?

Homes are like tinder boxes.

It is very dry here.

I am sure if a neighbor got a whiff of smoke from next door the fire department would be at the door.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.