Opening windows on a nice day

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

groan -- Did anyone ever warn you that I hate puns (the joys of English not being my native language, I think)?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
groan -- Did anyone ever warn you that I hate puns (the joys of English not being my native language, I think)?
Sorry, no one has! I guess this means that I owe you the next big hug?
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Default Retractable Screen Door

A retractable screen door was installed today at our front door. Now we will have the most gorgeous breeze from the front of the house all the way through to the lanai. We have sliders open to lanai and all windows open every chance we get--in spite of my allergies. The house will be closed up once the heat & humidity come to call, so we are enjoying the fresh air every chance we get. Those people who don't want you to leave are really grasping at straws--but how nice that they care so much. You need to bring 'em down here for a visit so they'll understand why you are making the move.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Sage

I have friends who have lived here 3 years who tell me they have never opened a window. I have my front screen door and the lanai door open all day when it's cool and for an hour or two early in the morning and in the evening when it's warm. I could not live in a sealed space. My AC guy said to turn off the AC while the doors are open to avoid overtaxing the system, and turn on the fan to circulate the fresh air.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.