Opinions Concerning Best Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2022, 04:26 PM
Default Opinions Concerning Best Villages

I have never visited the Villages but have been looking at homes there. I am trying to find a method to identify the best house within my parameters, all of which havent been set yet. I imagine certain villages might be considered preferable to others, so a good starting point might be to rank various villages, and then search from there. I have only been able to find one article on the internet where villages are ranked. It would be greatly appreciated if those of you who live there could provide some opinions as to what the top 5 or 10 villages to live in are, and even more appreciated if you provide brief reasons why you rank them that way. Alternatively, if you have opinions about other better methods to identify a suitable home, please let me know.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

The Villages Florida

There is no "Best Village"...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-22-2022, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoftuntavern View Post
I have never visited the Villages but have been looking at homes there. I am trying to find a method to identify the best house within my parameters, all of which havent been set yet. I imagine certain villages might be considered preferable to others, so a good starting point might be to rank various villages, and then search from there. I have only been able to find one article on the internet where villages are ranked. It would be greatly appreciated if those of you who live there could provide some opinions as to what the top 5 or 10 villages to live in are, and even more appreciated if you provide brief reasons why you rank them that way. Alternatively, if you have opinions about other better methods to identify a suitable home, please let me know.
You will find everyone thinks they live in the best village. If you want a brand-new house, you need to look south of 44. If you are a Championship gofer look from 466 to 466 A. You want shopping look North of 44. If you want a lower priced home, you would look in the Historic Section North of 441.
I have never seen a ranking of Villages and I have lived here 10 years. You need to figure out what is important to you then you can select the areas that would work for you.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
TV has become so large it’s impossible for a person to know the distinguishing features of every village. Some villages skew older residents and some on the younger end of the 55+ spectrum. Some you can hear a pin drop and some have a weekly block party. New construction is almost exclusively on the south end, relatively far from the current town squares. I live in the Village of St. Catherine. In my 50s I like the more youthful demographic of this village. There are villages where the silence is deafening, no thank you.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,241 Posts

Start with a Lifestyle Visit.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There certainly is a best Village. The one that you live in will do the trick.

Many people think a geographical change will cure their problems but they have to remember you are bringing you with you. Get it? Good!
Old 11-22-2022, 04:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,180 Times in 761 Posts

You are opening a can of worms.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:57 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,302 Times in 560 Posts

Before we suggest an area , we need to know about every aspect of your life! So with that said , Happy Hunting and don’t let anyone tell you that you need a lightning detection system…get yourself a nice gasoline powered Yamaha golf cart, and don’t drink yourself to death!
Old 11-22-2022, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
So they all need to fit your parameters but you haven't set any yet.

Eureka, I have the answer for you! You can stop looking. The BEST village is the one that fits your parameters.

You're welcome.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Personal preference. Each person is different
Old 11-22-2022, 05:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,032 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Is there an official process to nominate a particular post, as _________ post of the year?
Old 11-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Mine is the best village….I’ll bet this a trolling post - but i will bite.

Seriously - every person has different criteria. Near a square, not near a square, which square, near pools, near golf, tennis pickle, not near golf/tennis, near your church, side walks, etc

You need to come down, spend more than a few days, and figure out where you want to live.
Most villages will be out if you want new construction
Old 11-22-2022, 05:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

As you drive around The Villages and find a Wi-Fi connection “CENTEROFTHE UNIVERSe” you may have found Mecca
Old 11-22-2022, 05:20 PM

Bonita is terrible you wouldn't like it here.... LOL

Kidding of course!
Old 11-22-2022, 05:31 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Your first post. Turns out to be a troll stirring the pot one.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, opinions, appreciated, identify, provide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.