Opinions on garage expansion

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2019, 03:09 PM

I like your thinking. On the other hand if he does ever move into the home it sounds like he best not have a heart attack, fall, seizure or anything else where he needs some friends or neighbors!!! Do not think he will get much help from anyone around. Sometimes you have to think further down the road when you make decisions.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
I like your thinking. On the other hand if he does ever move into the home it sounds like he best not have a heart attack, fall, seizure or anything else where he needs some friends or neighbors!!! Do not think he will get much help from anyone around. Sometimes you have to think further down the road when you make decisions.
So right!
Old 06-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Or a gallon of gas and a match.
They could call it a neighborhood barbecue, everyone is invited

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-19-2019, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

I don’t think it’s an eyesore. What is an eyesore I’ve attached. We had a custom designed home then a spec builder bought the land next door and built a cheap home I always called an orange crate. Short story is the people who bought it had a 20 foot deep shed brought to their property. It was awful looking when I approached the owner about it being out of the city’s building code he told me in a very rude way to go have sex with myself. Just so happens I was The IT manager of a law firm who specialized in real estate law. I had one of our attorneys take the appropriate legal action. The neighbor had to have the shed removed at his expense. I created an enemy but I stood up for what was right. About 2 years later we sold the home things were getting too hot with the neighbor. At the time we had the house for sale he or one of his kids threw a rock thru our Anderson thermopane picture window.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	9F22FC1F-F4E4-4C14-A768-A08D70A2DC4E.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	79935   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	FD50BD50-BA42-4596-B2E5-9190030218CB.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	79936  
Old 06-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Sage

It was brave to do what you did and call him on the property. The neighbor sounds pretty antisocial it was wise to get away from that. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a designated area in the Villages where these kind of people could live together? (I’ve been watching too much HBO “Oz”)
Old 06-20-2019, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
It was brave to do what you did and call him on the property. The neighbor sounds pretty antisocial it was wise to get away from that. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a designated area in the Villages where these kind of people could live together? (I’ve been watching too much HBO “Oz”)
Had I known the animosity it would have created maybe I would have not taken action but that's water over the dam. I think the most satisfaction I got is when the couple had a domestic disturbance the police arrived and both husband and wife were taken away in handcuffs. The husband also had a previous arrest for stealing a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses from the counter of a tanning salon he was at.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Had I known the animosity it would have created maybe I would have not taken action but that's water over the dam. I think the most satisfaction I got is when the couple had a domestic disturbance the police arrived and both husband and wife were taken away in handcuffs. The husband also had a previous arrest for stealing a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses from the counter of a tanning salon he was at.
I wonder if they now live in America's Friendliest Home Town?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I wonder if they now live in America's Friendliest Home Town?

Sure sounds like they do only thing the names have been changed.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Sage

Even in the friendliest town some antisocials slip in, I’ve already met one but fortunately won’t have to deal with them again. They get what’s coming eventually.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, neighborhood, lot, looming, corner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.