Orange Blossom

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I think I have a different take on the original Village. Yes there are some nicer areas but I find it old and a little run down complained to the rest of The Villages. People say they are very strict here but when I drive through I see many dead lawns, lots of weeds and many items sitting around in yards. I always joke with my wife that the area needs some snitches like other areas have. Yes the Villages are putting in new homes on many lots but we did not want to spend $250,000 on a house but be surrounded by older single wide mobile homes, just our take.

Now there are some very nice homes and lots as well, very easy to get to Spanish Springs and to shopping like Lowe’s, Walmart, Aldi, Sonic etc. Many people live over there and I am betting that most are very nice like the rest of The Villages.

Might be a great spot if looking for a home under $200,000. Good luck on your search.

Then again, one just needs to learn to use that which has been pushed for eons to describe something that's, well, not quite new...but may increase its chance of selling.

That word, being of course...'Rustic.'

Old 05-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I think I have a different take on the original Village. Yes there are some nicer areas but I find it old and a little run down complained to the rest of The Villages. People say they are very strict here but when I drive through I see many dead lawns, lots of weeds and many items sitting around in yards. I always joke with my wife that the area needs some snitches like other areas have. Yes the Villages are putting in new homes on many lots but we did not want to spend $250,000 on a house but be surrounded by older single wide mobile homes, just our take.

Now there are some very nice homes and lots as well, very easy to get to Spanish Springs and to shopping like Lowe’s, Walmart, Aldi, Sonic etc. Many people live over there and I am betting that most are very nice like the rest of The Villages.

Might be a great spot if looking for a home under $200,000. Good luck on your search.
I have to give you a whole lot of credit. IMHO your post was very kind and if you were running for Mayor I bet you would win. You have some very good observations about the operation on this side of the tracks.

I'd like to share with you a short incident that happened about two years ago. We were entertaining a Good Friend who is filthy rich and lives in a "Prestigious Area" of The Villages on the northern side of Route 44. My wife cooked him a knock out meal and in a bit we took him to one of the pools on The Hysterical Side and to his amazement people talked to him, many of them.

He told me that was so different from where he lived. That people generally kept to themselves. His words, You could be standing next to our adult pool on fire and nobody would push you in to put you out. I was in amazement. He told me it was true and I asked him if he was standoffish or odd or caused that reaction from the people who live around him. He denied it was him, that he was his usual happy self at his pool.

A little dead grass and an occasional house that's hurting seem like a fine trade-off to me.

People over here are priceless! That the most important part to me. There is a sense of Community.

As nice as most are. Shhhh...we have snitches to!
Old 05-03-2019, 08:12 PM

I live in Pine Hills just north of 44 and people are very friendly at our neighborhood pool. I really don''t think that people are friendlier in one part of TV as opposed to another.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Platinum member

If you want to live in new vs. pre-owed and don't want to live in the Southern Oaks area, Orange Blossoms is about the only other place in The Villages where you can have your home built.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
I live in Pine Hills just north of 44 and people are very friendly at our neighborhood pool. I really don''t think that people are friendlier in one part of TV as opposed to another.
Neither do I. I agree with you I just related what a resident of a Village near Brownwood related to us. Who knows it could be him, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde???

I haven't really met anyone really miserable in person in three years. I've met people who love rules and find it hard to relate their thoughts about rules in a gentle matter of fact way. Those crummy rules keep this operation nice.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think you should come here and drive around and talk to people. The area that you ask about is the oldest area in The Villages but it is only about forty years old. Some of the original modular homes are being purchased when they come up for sale at a reasonable price by the developers and taken away and replaced by site built homes.

The homes there are just like all areas of The Villages, mostly occupied by people who have great pride in taking care of their homes.

No one can conceptualize The Villages until their boots hit the ground here.

I think it is all amazing and wonderful. But I have been accused of working for The developer and drinking the Kool-Aid.

I love this amazing, well run place, from tip to toe and the people who live here, most of them.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:36 AM
Default New homes in Historic District

I don't believe The Villages are removing old mobiles anymore. The last one they purchased was Aug of 2018. Someone on this forum said that they needed all hands on deck in the southern construction area. They are just about done building the new homes on the lots they had purchased before Aug. I am bummed about this because we liked to take our cart and drive around and watch the changes after we picked up our mail. If you want a brand new house that is not in the Southern Oaks area there are about 4 Villas near Lake Sumter Landing and 2 or 3 way north near 42.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:19 AM

We recently bought here right next to Orange Blossom at Country Club Hills and just absolutely love it. We are on the golf course at Orange Blossom . Here is my take...If you can find one, buy a stick built newer home even though they cost more than we paid for our manufactured home 168,500. The reason I am saying that is because of the very high insurance on manufactured homes here, we pay over 2400 dollars a year to insure our home. Here are all the pluses Very little traffic, the best country club in the villages with the water falls, hot tub, etc. plus a nice restaurant that is not over crowded, with a pool bar to boot. Our perception is that the people are more friendly in our neighborhood than we have heard about in the more upscale neighborhoods, where people complain and call the office about their neighbors, mostly due to their entitlement. I would strongly recommend buying a golf cart first after purchasing your home. You can go over the bridge to the nearest town square in your golf cart to Spanish Springs where they have entertainment and music 365 days a year. Also within the next 2 years you will be able to drive your golf cart over 20 miles on the golf cart paths to go anywhere you please in the whole village network. We also take our golf cart to the grocery stores and shopping centers for quite a ways now. In fact our neighbors go out to eat 2 maybe 3 times a week, and he said they have only took their car out twice in 15 years when doing so, the rest of the time they go in their golf cart.( If you are planning on having company after you move here, I would buy a 4 seater golf cart. The gas you will save will pay for it in no time or at least justify your purchase. If you buy here in The Villages i would suggest to see if there is some mature trees around to help shade the area from the sun to help with energy costs. And oh yes bring lots of suntan lotion with you. Good Luck to you in your decision. Private message me if you want to talk by phone sometime.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:

We don't need no stinkin' "snitches"! Lawn and garden art are permitted on our side! Also have pools that stay open past sunset [until 11pm I believe] and one even has the hot tub! Here's a property for sale on the historic side in case you or a friend are looking to buy there above $200,000 . https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...31683368_zpid/ You won't even hafta face the congested roadways and roundabouts within the Villages if living there! Traveling there is optional!

Closed Thread

Tags
orange, blossom, houses, knowledge, fine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.