Orange Blossom CC

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Default Orange Blossom CC

I noticed a quite lively outdoor bar near the pool of the Orange Blossom CC swimming pool. I was going to go for an afternoon happy hour drink and hopefully meet some people but I've been told the pool and bar are only for priority members. Is that right or can anyone swim and have a drink?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Default Re: Orange Blossom CC

Yep, I'm afraid that's the policy. :The priority golf fee, that I think is out of line, covers special prices for golf and let's you use Country Club pools. My wife and I don't use the pools but we must put up $900 a year for Priority membership if we want to play golf. After 3 years of this we are dropping out next year and will go to other golf courses. As prices rise here you can play cheaper elsewhere and they furnish the cart. :
Old 01-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Founder
Default Re: Orange Blossom CC

I remember my membership fee at the Binghamton, New York Country club. The initiation fee was in excess of $4,000. Then we paid $400 a month memebership fee, plus we paid $20 cart use. Paying all that money, (which is not as expensive as other country clubs) gave us a feeling that we had to play at that one club. Now, I have a choice of 10 or 12 (how many is it now) clubs. It seems like a bargain to me.

Before moving to the Villages, we looked an average housing development in Charleston, SC where there was one country club. The membership fee was $40,000 dollars. The pro shop was in a trailer. :dontknow:

The prices here seem like a bargain to me.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.