Orange blossom Opry

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2021, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts
Default Orange blossom Opry

FYI, if you like country music, check out their show listings going on now and in 2022.

Home

We like Thursday night when a lot of state wide and local talent performs on stage
with a friendly 6-piece band.

They have a concession stand, popcorn, ice cream, hot dogs with patio sitting that is 1/2 the prices in TV.

Check it out sometime
Old 12-01-2021, 02:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Go there all the time, Macey Mac from Ocala is Outstanding, she preformed last Thursday night. Seen lots of legends there. lots more coming after first of the year.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 PM

It's a great time for a reasonable cost.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

///
Old 12-01-2021, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

It’s a fun place but I could do without all the patriotic crap including having you stand up when they salute your service . I imagine there still doing that stuff although I haven’t been back since Covid started , and yes I’m a combat vet and no I don’t stand , I don’t need applause from strangers
Old 12-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
It’s a fun place but I could do without all the patriotic crap including having you stand up when they salute your service . I imagine there still doing that stuff although I haven’t been back since Covid started , and yes I’m a combat vet and no I don’t stand , I don’t need applause from strangers
Thanks for your service. Can understand your view but for me I love applauding our Vets. With all the other “crap” going on in country now I believe the more Patriotism we can muster the better.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
and yes I’m a combat vet and no I don’t stand , I don’t need applause from strangers
WOW, now has a twist.
Never heard any vet that wouldn't stand to pay respect to other vets and our country.

Strange world out there
Old 12-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Geez, when I saw this topic I thought OrangeBlossomBaby was doing a live show.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:58 PM
Sage

I go to a show to listen to music , salutes have there proper places Veterans Day Memorial Day not the 24/7 villages look at me day and where is my discount day . most couldn’t wait to get out , now it’s all they talk about, and listening into some conversations , I wonder why there nose is not growing, just like praying in public , never needed a little cross or to make the sign of the cross before or after a game , if you think it makes you a better patriot or more religious then me that’s all good I also think standing up during that show doesn’t take into consideration the men who didn’t serve they shouldn’t feel bad but I’m sure some do and where people see all that crap that’s happening now , I see progress and change for the better, be my guest thinking I’m weird I mean isnt that what you and I were fighting for ??

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 12-01-2021 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 12-01-2021, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
WOW, now has a twist.
Never heard any vet that wouldn't stand to pay respect to other vets and
Strange world out there
a little out of context I said when they ask different group to stand I don’t stand when they say Army , I do clap though even though I think the whole thing is maudlin
Old 12-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
I take it you didn’t go see Lee Greenwood?

I don’t stand either when they single out veteran’s. But, I stand to recognize them. I doubt few has more time in than me.

After setting for hour I’m ready to stand up. Nobody forcing you to stand, but some might think that’s disrespectful unless you’re disabled.

I have around 41 years and 8 months total federal service in the pit actually having to produce. And no I wasn’t on flex time, my time was accounted for down to the minute. So, I’ll pat myself on the back too.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:11 AM
Sage

Maybe you don’t understand the concept of the opry they ask each group of service to stand and be recognized by people , if you read what I said and I doubt you ever do I don’t stand to acknowledge my service group but I do clap. I don’t know what your talking about when you say the pit , but I was fighting in Vietnam in 1954 with the IST Foreign Legion Parachute Battalion ( I’m American ) and later in Algeria. I then spent another 6 years in American Army most of it in Vietnam including one year with the 1St Brigade of the 10I st Airborne Division but mostly with Vietnamese paratroopers . I left the army for another government agency and continued seeing action in Vietnam , Cambodia and Laos and carried on like that for many more years in Africa, Central and South America and waking up at 60 years old in Pakistan with my ears still ringing from a car bomb going off 2 days before and said that’s enough , I could sum up my life with a couple of sentences , I spent my whole life helping to keep bad governments in power or to put bad rebels into power according to the whims of who was in charge of the White House , how I describe myself , well I’m fond of a Graham Greenes description of a man in one of his books, calling him The Quiet American
Old 12-04-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
I go to a show to listen to music , salutes have there proper places Veterans Day Memorial Day not the 24/7 villages look at me day and where is my discount day . most couldn’t wait to get out , now it’s all they talk about, and listening into some conversations , I wonder why there nose is not growing, just like praying in public , never needed a little cross or to make the sign of the cross before or after a game , if you think it makes you a better patriot or more religious then me that’s all good I also think standing up during that show doesn’t take into consideration the men who didn’t serve they shouldn’t feel bad but I’m sure some do and where people see all that crap that’s happening now , I see progress and change for the better, be my guest thinking I’m weird I mean isnt that what you and I were fighting for ??
My dad did two tours of combat duty in WWII. He was on the Battan death march and had some unique yet honorable views. What is important is what a man does not what he says.

Standing for the flag has a long tradition. Our national anthem is a poem by Francis Scott Key. He was an Attorney who was sent to a British war ship in the war of 1812-essentially a second battle of separation from England. He was well treated by the ship captain and was told if the American Flag fell it wouldn't matter the war was over. When the battle was over they discovered the flag was held up by a dead soldier.

YES, WE SHOULD STAND FOR THE FLAG!
Old 12-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Sage

Can you see anywhere in my post where I say I don’t stand for national Anthem. This is last time I’ll say or even read this thread , I do not stand when they want vets of each service to stand so they can be acknowledged and Your father , myself or whoever fought for the right of all people to peacefully protest anything that they feel is an injustice and that includes the flag use anyway they like you , I may not like it but that’s what being a free country is
Old 12-04-2021, 04:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Are you related to Colin Kaepernick ????
Closed Thread

Tags
check, 1/2, ice, friendly, 6-piece

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.