New Years eve

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2019, 09:30 AM
Veteran member
Default New Years eve

Has anyone heard if they will have the priority seating for New Year’s Eve on the squares. I keep hearing rumors that the tree lighting priority was scrapped or it is sold out?
Old 11-30-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Has anyone heard if they will have the priority seating for New Year’s Eve on the squares. I keep hearing rumors that the tree lighting priority was scrapped or it is sold out?
Brownwood VIP tent last I read was it sold out, there were only 50 seats. If it's anything like last 4th of July at Brownwood, the tent sits back between the bleachers. A lousy vantage point and when I looked at the tent, I only saw people sitting around in a circle talking to each other and I didn't seem interested in what was happening. With the Hooligans playing at Brownwood New Year's Eve, I can't imagine people trying to socialize, they are good but loud. Here's a photo of the VIP tent from the 4th.

The Villages Florida
Old 11-30-2019, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I don't think New Years Eve has been celebrated on the square...I don't recall any such celebration since 2007.

Makes sense. We all know what folks do on New Years Eve,....than pour them into their golf buggies with NO sides and throw them out for some deadly dodge-em???
Old 11-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I have not seen any celebrations at the squares for New years eve, many of the restaurants have special arrangements setup, probably sold out now but you can check, city fire was great when we moved here but tailed off and we have not gone for the last 3 years.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

I think they pretend it's midnight at 9PM play auld lang syne, throw confetti and go home.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I think they pretend it's midnight at 9PM play auld lang syne, throw confetti and go home.
At one time we did celebrate til midnight on the squares.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

My wife and I plan to have exclusive priority seating to ring in the new years. We will be sitting in our bathing suits on the stairs entering our pool, with a cold skinny margarita in a plastic cup, with our border collie lifeguarding for us. We can't wait to ring in the new year in the Villages : ) Here is hoping 2020 is an awesome year for everyone.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:32 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,283 Times in 1,427 Posts

We plan on watching the ball drop on the morning news shows.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 AM

Even when we were younger, New Years Eve was never a big deal for us. Restaurants would scale down their menus, jack up the prices, and too many people, young and old, seemed intent on seeing just how drunk they could get. Trains and busses were always jammed, and cabs were at a premium. We called it “amateur night”.

We made an exception in 1999. We were in Chicago and went out to see if the world was really going to end with all the y2k hysteria.

I haven’t heard about the Squares offering any special New Year celebrations or programs, but if they did, we’d likely pass anyway. I know some folks are really up in arms over the “vip” seating for certain events, but there’s obviously a market for it, otherwise they wouldn’t do it.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:29 AM

Lol
Old 12-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Hundreds of people gather to watch as... - The Villages Daily Sun | Facebook
Old 12-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Default ree lighting.

Brownwood tree lighting was good. sad they didn't have the candles this year. when I was there I only saw about 6 people in the vip tent. to me it wasn't worth that kind of money. I had a good seat and was able to see most of it.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
Even when we were younger, New Years Eve was never a big deal for us. Restaurants would scale down their menus, jack up the prices, and too many people, young and old, seemed intent on seeing just how drunk they could get. Trains and busses were always jammed, and cabs were at a premium. We called it “amateur night”.

We made an exception in 1999. We were in Chicago and went out to see if the world was really going to end with all the y2k hysteria. ������

I haven’t heard about the Squares offering any special New Year celebrations or programs, but if they did, we’d likely pass anyway. I know some folks are really up in arms over the “vip” seating for certain events, but there’s obviously a market for it, otherwise they wouldn’t do it.
I was one of the people involved in making sure the world did not end (Y2K), I was on call the entire evening, could not have a drink, etc., also had to stay in touch.....so I sat in front of the TV, and watched new years eve in other countries, etc to see if anything was going on there. I had worked on making the lights did not go out for over 18 months prior, glad the work paid off.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was one of the people involved in making sure the world did not end (Y2K), I was on call the entire evening, could not have a drink, etc., also had to stay in touch.....so I sat in front of the TV, and watched new years eve in other countries, etc to see if anything was going on there. I had worked on making the lights did not go out for over 18 months prior, glad the work paid off.
Thanks for your efforts, I remember the Y2K scare. I went out an bought a generator just in case all the scary hype turned out to be true. As it turns out, the generator was not needed for the turn of the century, but it has come in handy often since then during storm induced power outages.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:51 AM

I’m guessing they will do the same thing for NY Eve - charge the homeowners for as much as they can
Closed Thread

Tags
eve, priority, sold, scrapped, lighting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.