Orlando Airport Cell Phone Lot

Old 12-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Default Orlando Airport Cell Phone Lot

I will be picking up family at MCO (Orlando International Airport). I believe there are 2 cell phone parking lots (lots assigned for those awaiting flight arrivals so you don't have to circle the airport). I'm looking for the best one to wait at for their call that they've landed and have retrieved their luggage. They will be arriving on Southwest Airlines. I am looking for the GPS address of the correct cell phone lot to wait. I appreciate any assistance! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Gold member

we use it frequently. No worries--lots of signage to direct you

Old 12-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

We always use the North cell lot as it's the first one you come to. The South lot is beyond both terminals, so it seems to us that the North lot is more convenient.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:49 AM

They even have a new restroom facility at the cell phone lot. The Orlando Airport is fairly user friendly.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:49 AM

Thank you. That's what I was inquiring about. Whether to use the North or South Lot. North just opened 2 years ago and I understand has rest rooms, wi fi and a pet park. Thanks bandsdavis!

Old 12-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
Thank you. That's what I was inquiring about. Whether to use the North or South Lot. North just opened 2 years ago and I understand has rest rooms, wi fi and a pet park. Thanks bandsdavis!
What they don't have are arrival/departure boards. The rest rooms are in a trailer, not brick and mortar. I think they are the worst cell phone lots I have seen.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
What they don't have are arrival/departure boards. The rest rooms are in a trailer, not brick and mortar. I think they are the worst cell phone lots I have seen.
You obviously haven't been there in a while. The North lot is had a standalone building with rest rooms and arrival/departure displays on the outside of the building. There is a pet area at the far end of the lot and lots of parking.

It's easy to find, well marked as you're coming into the airport.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:35 PM

Thank you Kansasr. That is what I saw online about the North lot....includes All the nice amenities you mentioned. It opened in 2015. Thank you for correcting NYGUY.

It’s amazing to me as I now follow TOTV on a daily basis, how much misinformation is posted. I believe when someone posts something, it is incumbent on them to research as thoroughly as possible the accuracy of the information they are giving others. At the same token, we need to take information given and verify accuracy. Decisions could be made that could have unintended consequences based on info given here. IMHO.

I’m qui

Old 12-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

The place was a madhouse Friday night, with over 20 minute wait to get into the Arrival pickup area with the car.

I've got to pick up somebody again tonight and if it is bad again I'm going to direct them to go up to the departure level and I'm going to pick them up there. Just a suggestion.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
The place was a madhouse Friday night, with over 20 minute wait to get into the Arrival pickup area with the car.

I've got to pick up somebody again tonight and if it is bad again I'm going to direct them to go up to the departure level and I'm going to pick them up there. Just a suggestion.
Left MCO around 6 tonight. Crazy amount of traffic to get there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Old 12-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Then you have never had to pick somebody up at the Sanford Airport

Old 12-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
You obviously haven't been there in a while. The North lot is had a standalone building with rest rooms and arrival/departure displays on the outside of the building. There is a pet area at the far end of the lot and lots of parking.

It's easy to find, well marked as you're coming into the airport.
I can verify this info. We were in the north cell phone lot on 12/21, and so happy for a restroom. Also an arrivals board. Fast to get into arrivals from there.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:12 AM

North lot. Very convenient handicap parking also.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Gold member

It has been a long time since we were at an airport. So this cell phone lot I gather is just for people to park in on a short-term basis while waiting for a call that someone has landed and ready to be picked up. Do you have to pay to park in that parking lot?

Old 12-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
It has been a long time since we were at an airport. So this cell phone lot I gather is just for people to park in on a short-term basis while waiting for a call that someone has landed and ready to be picked up. Do you have to pay to park in that parking lot?
No, it is free and is just for waiting for a short time. Most airports have the cell phone lots now.

Personally, I make a reservation on the Villages Shuttle for my guests and pick them up at Lake Sumter Landing. Much easier than driving to MCO!

Tags
cell, airport, phone, lot, orlando

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.