WHAT DOES THE TV LIFESTYLE MEAN TO YOU?

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Default WHAT DOES THE TV LIFESTYLE MEAN TO YOU?

A generic definition of Lifestyle is: A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group. Would anyone currently living in TV like to share specifically what it is about the 'lifestyle' that attracted you to move to TV.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:01 AM
Default Re: WHAT DOES THE TV LIFESTYLE MEAN TO YOU?

To retire in a place that is as beautiful as Disney World.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 AM
JohnnyM

Tennis courts with palm trees :bigthumbsup:

The Villages Florida

Not a resident yet, half way there. Johnny
Old 01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Barb said it well.

She did, however, forget one thing: She mentioned the friendliness and compassion but she forgot the true kindness, the generosity of spirit. I have yet to see anyone in any kind of distress that there wasn't someone who had stopped to help from taking pictures in the Square and giving directions to changing a flat tire or pushing a golf cart. It's all done here rain or shine and always with a smile and never an acceptance of any type of reward.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman
Would anyone currently living in TV like to share specifically what it is about the 'lifestyle' that attracted you to move to TV.
Specifically: There is something about living in a community where everything is accessible by golf cart that is totally irresistible. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Platinum member

richman:
What else can I say other than that all these replies are "spot on." As a "peculiarity" myself, in that I don't participate in any of the sporting activities, one of the features that drew me here three years ago was the abundance of clubs, activities, friendly gatherings - all the time! I think there were "officially" some 525-550 identified clubs then. I heard not a week ago that there are now just shy of 1,000 clubs. What's not to be amazed at?
SWR
Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 PM

Thank you for all your candor in replying. I'm asking such a pointed question because I'm not at all sure this lifestyle is for me. I think I've gotten down to the core of what it is that draw people to TV. But overall, regarding the quality of housing and the 'lifestyle' I will continue looking other places. You all sound like such great people. Again, thank you for your candor.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

richman,
I have a similar post floating around about other communities vs. The Villages that you may want to read. One of my friends says he wants peace and quiet at retirement, and he can have that anywhere. I am not a social animal per se, but would prefer friendly folks and the golf cart availability of so much when I'm inclined amazes me. I also want low maintenence, like the villas.

good luck
Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 AM

I am also looking for a place to retire to. I am a 65yo divorced male and have worked and lived in Atlanta for 35 years. I have no ties to Atlanta except for work.

I have been down to TV once and looked it over but haven't made a decision yet. The negative to me is the weather. I know that many of the residents move there from the cold, cold north but I actually like 4 seasons. Could compromise, however.

I log in to TOTV frequently to try to get a feel about what people that live there think about it and I see many positive posts and few negative.

I know that there are always some minor problems with any new house but do most people feel that their house is well built? The Florida type of construction is somewhat unique(no basements, slab, cement block etc.) so would appreciate some comments.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Sage

Hi Super, I just want to say that we bought new construction and couldn't be happier. We had an independent inspector look at the house before closing and he found a few things but nothing major. And if we came across something, we call the warranty department, and boy, what fast service. Being a bricklayer's daughter, my Dad taught me well and I can't say enough about TV and all the attention to detail and beauty. As for the lifestyle, you can't ask for anything more. There's so much to do -- you don't know what to do first and the people are wonderful. My daughter came to visit from Cali and she can't wait to come to visit again. Fancy that! Come for a visit, I know you'll fall in love. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-28-2008, 01:06 PM

I have owned a Courtyard villa-stucco-and a ranch. Love both and have had no problem with the construction. Both were preowned when we bought them. Owned the CYV for 6 years and worse that happened was GFI plugs needed replaced before we sold it. Cost $25. Independent inspector found nothing wrong with the 7 year old ranch we live in now.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 PM

What I love about The Villages lifestyle is that you can tailor it to be just what you want it to be. There are virtually countless activities to participate in, if you so desire ... but The Villages is, at a minimum, a beautiful, well-kept, carefully thought out and executed place to live with almost anything you could want within a reasonable distance.

If you wish to participate in organized activities, there is almost anything you can imagine here for you to enjoy; if you choose not to do so, that's just fine - you still have the solid foundation of the community to enjoy by yourself. The beauty of "The Villages lifestyle" is that you can pretty much make it whatever you want it to be; the choice is yours ... but it's comforting to know that if you should change your mind in the future, The Villages has the opportunities available to accomodate you.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

jime, well said. I like the option of having activities available, if I were to choose
Old 01-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Richman.....I am responding to your response and not your original querry.

I doubt rather seriously you will find such a significant difference is housing "quality". The Villages either meets or excedes the codes.....I know of none that build better than they have to to meet those same codes. Now if you are talking more upscale that is a different measure.

But from experience I can personally tell you there will not be the amentites, variety, scope or quality of people who all are here to live out their days in a "style" not found in many places and very scant in the more upscale places.

When all gets said and done it is what ever each of us are looking for in retirement.

I do suspect you knew the answer before you got the replies above...

Good luck....come back and see us when you get bored!!!

BTK
Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
Not in any special order .....

The beautiful, immaculate grounds with our own village pools and play areas.
The clubs covering most everything one can think of.
The accessibilities of health-care providers.
We leave our loved ones that are miles away and we are so fortunate to move into a neighborhood and complex where we build friendships and bonding; loving friends that become our family here. Most are so friendly and compassionate that one never needs to feel alone.
The weather is as perfect as can be other than the storms which can hit anywhere in Mother Nature's way.
The comfortable lifestyle fits a multitude of various incomes and there is no discrimination of class distinction. We are all equal in residing here. One can be sitting next to a millionaire or someone eeking it out on Social Security and that is never an issue. We are all equal.... and I believe that's the best feeling living in "the friendliest hometown."

Carpe Diem.....barb1191
Beautifully said.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.